• TonesInDeepFreeze
    That's not what I'm saying.DavidJohnson

That's exactly what you said.
  • TonesInDeepFreeze

How is it not misleading to talk at all about URLs now when URLs have nothing to do with it?

If URLs were relevant and not merely incidental, then you would have mentioned them the first time. I understand that you are now quoting verbatim just in case there is any shading of the wording that might be relevant, but surely it has nothing to do with URLs, right?

Anyway, I'd like to know at least in what passage of your old version or new version is the clue you mentioned.
  • TonesInDeepFreeze
    It's like if someone asked, "what is 1+1?". The answers, "it's an even number" or "it' >1" are true but not the actual answer, "2".DavidJohnson

If someone answered it is "1+1" (everything is itself) or "4-2" or "sqrt(4)" then those would all be correct answers. But not correct if the question is what single numeral represents 1+1.

But with this puzzle, it's open ended.
  • Philosophim

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to assume it has nothing to do with url logic then. I think its pretty obvious at this point the middle number is 2, and the first and last must be the same character. There simply needs to be some logic that implies what that first and last character is.

If there is nothing dealing with the url, my final stab is that its some ambiguity with the phrase itself, such as "you will type to go to <3> from here" meaning litterally typing 'to go to <3> from here". Which I hope not, because that wouldn't be logical, just ambiguous. I really hope you're sitting on an answer that will be clear as the sun once its revealed, with no ambiguity or phrase interpretation needed.
  • TonesInDeepFreeze
    the middle number is 2, and the first and last must be the same characterPhilosophim

The puzzle doesn't stipulate that "how many" must be answered with a numeral.
  • TonesInDeepFreeze
    some ambiguityPhilosophim

He said there are no tricks. I don't know whether ambiguity should be taken as a trick.
  • Philosophim
    the middle number is 2, and the first and last must be the same character
    — Philosophim

The puzzle doesn't stipulate that "how many" must be answered with a numeral.
    TonesInDeepFreeze

I was going to double check the OP, but noticed he's removed it entirely. DavidJohnson, if there was an issue or a mistake in the post, no worry, it happens.
  • Michael
    I was going to double check the OP, but noticed he's removed it entirely. DavidJohnson, if there was an issue or a mistake in the post, no worry, it happens.Philosophim

I posted his question in my post:
  • TonesInDeepFreeze
    The poster has deleted any form of the puzzle from his original post
  • L'éléphant
    This is my answer:

thefirstcharacter10t
  • L'éléphant
    So what's the answer to the puzzle? Is @DavidJohnson still around?
  • javi2541997
    So what's the answer to the puzzle? Is DavidJohnson still around?L'éléphant

We still waiting for the answer! This puzzle was funny but the author of the OP disappeared
  • L'éléphant
    There simply needs to be some logic that implies what that first and last character is.Philosophim
    Re-read the questions. There are 3 questions, in order of appearance:

What is the third character (number, letter, or symbol) you will type to solve this?

How many different characters will you type to solve this?

What is the first character you will type to solve this?
  • javi2541997

I guess he felt overwhelmed because he did not expect to have a lot of answers or people taking part in it
  • L'éléphant
    Okay. But he still owes us an answer.
  • L'éléphant
    You could also respond by typing:

thefirst8t
  • Philosophim
    There simply needs to be some logic that implies what that first and last character is.
    — Philosophim
    Re-read the questions. There are 3 questions, in order of appearance:

What is the third character (number, letter, or symbol) you will type to solve this?

How many different characters will you type to solve this?

What is the first character you will type to solve this?
    L'éléphant

Later he posted the original question off of the website, and it was found to have some different wording. Also, the answer to all three were to be combined to be placed into a URL. Meaning there was only one answer. He was communicative up until the point we started questioning if the answer had anything to do with url functionality, like /2/ or #2# (as part of the question was how to get to the next page from the current page).

I think he took a look again at it, and realized he missed something important, because the questions as they are have no logic which shows what the first and last letter must be. I believe he was embarrassed and pulled the questions.
  • dimosthenis9
    I think he took a look again at it, and realized he missed something important, because the questions as they are have no logic which shows what the first and last letter must be. I believe he was embarrassed and pulled the questions.Philosophim

That was probably the case.
  • L'éléphant

Okay, thanks for the input.
    So why didn't he just correct it? He said 10 people had solved it. And "there's no correct answer" but follow the logic. So he lied.

I don't understand people. Why get embarrassed about posting stupid logic puzzle with the title "Very Hard Logic Puzzle"? Some people take a picture of their dick and text it to other people. They should be embarrassed by that behavior -- it's a like taking picture of a secret pet and showing it to people. What do you feed it? And they're not even interesting to look at.

My advice -- puzzles should only be posted by people who know what they're doing. If it's not published yet, and you decide to publish it to get paid for it, then don't show it on public forums then later retract it.
  • Agent Smith
    "Hamlet" is a string not a character.SolarWind

:up:

Hamlet is a character in a famous play.TonesInDeepFreeze

:up:
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.