• Hermeticus
    "your answer"

u9y
  • DavidJohnson
    Not the intended answer. I've edited the questions to better lock-in on the solution.
  • javi2541997

Okey I am thinking for like half an hour what I am supposed to answer in this puzzle.
    Am I forced to answer something related to abc?

Because what I was thinking is: púrpura (purple)
    So, my answer:

"r6p"
  • DavidJohnson
    Not the intended solution. abc was just an example and isn't related to the actual answer. Also, your answer is only three characters so it would be "r3p" and not "r6p".
  • Michael
    Below you will find three questions. Answer each question in order with no spaces between them. So if the answer to the first question is a, the answer to the second question is b, and the answer to the third question is c then the solution is abc. There is no "trick", by the way. You can arrive at the solution through pure logic.

What is the third character (number, letter, or symbol) you will type to solve this?

How many different characters will you type to solve this?

What is the first character you will type to solve this?
    DavidJohnson

a2a
  • DavidJohnson
    Not the intended solution. Your answer is logical but you're missing something. Your answer could just as well be "b2b" or "323" or anything else where the first and last characters are the same.
  • Michael
    Your answer could just as well be "b2b" or "323" or anything else where the first and last characters are the same.DavidJohnson

Yes. Your questions don't entail a single possible answer.
  • DavidJohnson
    Not the intended solution. Also logical and follows Michael's train of thought as well. You're missing a clue.
  • javi2541997

Sorry, what do you mean as characters? Syllables?
  • DavidJohnson
    You're missing something that would make the answer distinct.
  • Jamal
    Not the intended solution. Also logical and follows Michael's train of thought as well. You're missing a clue.DavidJohnson

If it's correct but not "the intended solution", then there's a problem with the puzzle.
  • DavidJohnson
    Characters are single letters, numbers, or symbols. Some examples are "a", "7", "<", "r", and "2".
  • Jamal
    You're missing a clue.DavidJohnson

There is no way we can know what kind of answer you are looking for, given that you reject correct answers.
  • Jamal
    It's not correct.DavidJohnson

...where "correct" apparently just means "the answer I want".
  • DavidJohnson
    I haven't rejected any correct answers. This problem has also been solved by over ten people so I know it's not impossible.

There is one correct, logical, complete answer. Anything else is incorrect. It's not about the answer I'm looking for or not. You're missing something.
  • javi2541997
    Characters are single lettersDavidJohnson

Then, why you said there are only three characters in "púrpura"
    I clearly see seven characters: p (1), ú (2), r(3), p (4), u (5), r (6), a (7)
  • T Clark
    111jamalrob

There is no way we can know what kind of answer you are looking for, given that you reject correct answers.jamalrob

I'm with Jamalrob. And welcome to the forum.
  • Jamal
    I haven't rejected any correct answers. This problem has also been solved by over ten people so I know it's not impossible.

There is one correct, logical, complete answer. Anything else is incorrect. It's not about the answer I'm looking for or not. You're missing something.
    DavidJohnson

Someone here is a buffoon. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's me, but I don't think so.
  • T Clark
    Someone here is a buffoon. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's me, but I don't think so.jamalrob

I didn't think we were allowed to imply new members are buffoons till they've submitted 20 posts.
  • T Clark
    Someone here is a buffoon. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's me, but I don't think so.jamalrob

A couple of thoughts:

• There is no reason you both can't be buffoons.
    • You might be a buffoon, even if you are correct on this issue.
  • javi2541997
    I feel I got catfished in this puzzle
  • Jamal
    You might be a buffoon, even if you are correct on this issue.T Clark

Good point. I just remembered that I am a buffoon, and thereby ill fit to judge of buffoonery.
  • Agent Smith
    Someone here is a buffoon.jamalrob

:point: Agent Smith. AI, buffoon, what's the difference? :rofl:
  • Benkei
    What is the third character (number, letter, or symbol) you will type to solve this?

How many different characters will you type to solve this?

What is the first character you will type to solve this?
    DavidJohnson

1. I can't answer the first question yet.
    2. Assuming all questions ought to be answered. I can answer this one: 3
    3. That gives me the answer to the third question, which will also be 3.
    4. That leaves the first question open

So, my answer 33?
  • Agent Smith
    My best shot.

General solution: , where and are a character/number/symbol!

Examples: 13I [there a 3 distinct characters: 1 and 3 are different Arabic numerals and I is a Roman numeral]
  • Agent Smith
    There's a hole in my bucket dear Liza, dear Liza!
  • T Clark
    There is one correct, logical, complete answer.DavidJohnson

Sorry, no. @jamalrob is right.
  • DavidJohnson
    Your answer, "r6p", only has three characters though, and the second question is asking how many characters are typed in your solution and not how many characters are in some word you're thinking of.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.