• Varde
    Imagine a giant launching technology that looks like a complex sewing needle with a large open hole part with a spherical object in the middle. Imagine a ship going through phases around it, and eventually reaching a point where it is balanced on its pelmet. In an array of phases going through the hole and around the apparatus it generates torque, after enough phases have passed it reaches a point of balance which it the, through magnetic friction, starts to perform a unnatural rhythmic launch, wobbling left and right and tilting up and down, and maintains this constant in 0 gravity never breaking until stopped. By generating immense speed over time we can reach any star.
  • Dijkgraf
    What were you on while writing this?
  • T Clark

Two thoughts 1) This is the wrong forum. 2) Because you have provided no background information or scientific reference, this appears to be pseudo-science. It would be taken down immediately on a real science forum.

You benefit from the fact that the moderators have a soft spot for fake scientific claptrap. Or, I guess it would be more accurate to say real scientific claptrap. Or real unscientific claptrap. Just claptrap I guess.
  • jgill
    You benefit from the fact that the moderators have a soft spot for fake scientific claptrapT Clark
    :rofl:

You've been watching Another Life on Netflix, right?
  • theRiddler
    It's just an interesting idea.
  • Sir2u
    I am not a hundred percent sure about the way you describe the idea, but it sounds like an idea I read in a science fiction series some years ago. I think it was called "Dire Earth".
  • Changeling
    @Sir2u science realises fantasy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.