• Deleted User
    Thank you. Some time back I did extended commentaries on some of the dialogues. I take inquiry to be central to the pursuit of philosophy. There are some here who think philosophy is a matter of revealed truth. They were hostile to anything that threatens what they regard as the gospel of Platonism.Fooloso4

Yes, puritanical adherence to integrated conceptual frameworks can only be overcome, internally, by integrating correspondence, skeptism, falsifiability, and induction as a group of values. Otherwise, one's conceptual frameworks are only reinforced via the emotions associated with establishing coherence within those domains of interest, which ultimately become values themselves, and then it's like drawing water from a stone structure. I'm meaning cognitively, of course. I've met a handful of these types, across conceptual frameworks, here on this website; people who would, instead of presenting an argument against a position you've asserted, insult you and call that a win. Of course, they don't register how pathetic they look to the rational folk of the world. They will learn. But, yes, you're mighty welcome.
  • Fooloso4
    They will learn.Garrett Travers

I do not share your confidence.
  • Deleted User
    I do not share your confidence.Fooloso4

They don't have the choice. Reality is the one thing nobody can escape. The only miracle that never stops being. One will learn it here before they die, or they will learn it as they die. No other options. But, don't worry, I know what you mean.
  • Fooloso4
    Reality is the one thing nobody can escape.Garrett Travers

I regard the faith in a transcendent reality to be an escape from reality. I suspect people die every day clutching on to their beliefs.
  • Deleted User
    I regard the faith in a transcendent reality to be an escape from reality. I suspect people die every day clutching on to their beliefs.Fooloso4

I've known of one who died in a spooky Christian fashion. But, she's the only one.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.