let's changeschopenhauer1

let me start:schopenhauer1

What counts as "forcing" peopleschopenhauer1
    Putting a gun to their head.

What counts as "freedom"?schopenhauer1
    No one telling you what to do.
  • schopenhauer1
    No one telling you what to do.Wheatley
    Very good. Now how about no one asking you what to do, but doing it to you anyways, to you?
  • Wheatley
    Very good. Now how about no one asking you what to do, but doing it to you anyways, to you?schopenhauer1
    That too; nobody grabbing my arm forcing me to go anywhere, or do anything.
  • TheSoundConspirator

And that is very much accepted. In fact, post-modernism is a concept that is often misunderstood. And here, the politics involved is very much a factor. But upon who might befall the authority to classify this as “unjust”?
    We believe it is unjust because it doesn’t fit into our worldview. But who is to say that it might very well be considered unjust by all? In fact, it might not seem bad to the victims in the obstacle course primarily because we are led to want to accept the existence of a higher being who controls the phenomena in the world and guides us and throws obstacles our way. This is primarily why they might believe that it is in fact not “unjust” and they might not be incorrect to think so.
  • _db
    But many people might still say what the villain did was wrong, whereas the life game is not. How so? It is almost if not exactly the same in terms of amount of choices allotted (play the game, or die of depredation, suicide, and poverty.schopenhauer1

I am preaching to the choir here, but procreation is taken to be a sacred activity. Having children is taken to be one of the most critical and sublime moments of a person's entire life. Bringing more people into the game is part of playing the game, because there isn't any point in playing it if you're the last one to do so.

Build a better tomorrow...think of the children!...don't ever stop or slow down...you might start thinking...wondering...hmm why are we doing this?...oh shit back to work...
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.