• Yohan

Me too
    Edit: I mean I am infatuated with the idea of romantic love.
  • Yohan
    I think "I" thought of simple acid test:
    Are you more drawn to their eyes or to their lower body?
    Which would you rather stare into / at?
  • Caldwell
    Love, though it can be said to boil down to the act of coitus, also transcends it; love exists, as a distinct entity, at the level of human relationships and should be studied within that context.TheMadFool
    It goes beyond the physical, or rather, despite the physical, it is real. There'd be a moment of dread sometimes -- the feeling of wanting to protect your love. From what? I don't know. Silly notions. But I get that way. You also tend to "spoil" the brattiness in him. When he's being petulant -- you just...smile at it. Allow it. Like, ah, he's having his moments.
  • TheMadFool
    Love, though it can be said to boil down to the act of coitus, also transcends it; love exists, as a distinct entity, at the level of human relationships and should be studied within that context.
    — TheMadFool
    It goes beyond the physical, or rather, despite the physical, it is real. There'd be a moment of dread sometimes -- the feeling of wanting to protect your love. From what? I don't know. Silly notions. But I get that way. You also tend to "spoil" the brattiness in him. When he's being petulant -- you just...smile at it. Allow it. Like, ah, he's having his moments
    Caldwell

Yeah, let things fall where they may. After all, we're not dealing with a lifeless object that you may do what you want with it. As they say, some things, like a malfunctioning toaster, "have a mind of their own."

Live/love and let live/love. — SYT

For some folks that's something beyond their ken.
  • Caldwell
    As they say, some things, like a malfunctioning toaster, "have a mind of their own."TheMadFool
    :smile: Funny comparison.
  • TheMadFool
    Funny comparison.Caldwell

Random thoughts. No particular point to it.
  • Caldwell
    Random thoughts. No particular point to it.TheMadFool

Even funnier -- out-of-the-blue funny.
  • TheMadFool
    Even funnier -- out-of-the-blue funny.Caldwell

Fools speak because they want to say something. The wise speak when they have something to say
  • Caldwell
    So do you call your love malfunctioning toaster sometimes?
  • TheMadFool
    So do you call your love malfunctioning toaster sometimes?Caldwell

Not really. Perhaps my analogy was inappropriate. All I meant was that people are autonomous agents, they have a mind of their own and we must both respect that and factor that into our calculations. Interestingly, is free will, if present, like the misbehaving toaster, a malfunction i.e. are we breaking the so-called laws of nature? That explains a lot, doesn't it?
  • Caldwell
    Interestingly, is free will, if present, like the misbehaving toaster, a malfunction i.e. are we breaking the so-called laws of nature? That explains a lot, doesn't it?TheMadFool
    Could be. lol.
  • Cabbage Farmer
    Evolution has no need for love.Benj96
    I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. Does evolution "need" anything? What does evolution "need"?

Well no need for love between partners at least, maybe maternal and paternal love towards offspring yes, but as for partners all that is called for is sexual attraction/ lust.Benj96
    Sometimes people who don't love each other have sex. Sometimes people who love each other have sex.

Surely loving a person (in the relevant sense) is not required for having sex. That doesn't mean that sex and love are incompatible, nor does it indicate that sex and love don't go often hand in hand.

I'm not sure what you're driving at.

The convention of marriage is very much a legal and political thing regarding possession and responsibility towards children.Benj96
    Now you've thrown another term into the mix -- sex, love, marriage. Again, it seems quite clear to me these things come sometimes together, sometimes apart.

I'll agree that marriage is a social convention. What does that have to do with your remarks about sex and love?
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet