• Agent Smith
    In our endeavor to understand death scientifically, NDEs are the next best thing to actually crossing the river Styx! I recommend more research on this phenomenon, but with caution - let's not jump to conclusions (leap blindly into holes) shall we? :snicker:
  • 180 Proof
    ... in relation to the nature of a potential other reality. The Quantum Mind is surely an interesting proposition ...Mojo
    :sparkle: :ok: :meh:

I recommend more research on this phenomenon ...Agent Smith
    What "phenomenon"? :roll:
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/586454
  • Agent Smith
    What "phenomenon"? :roll:180 Proof

Isn't NDE a phenomenon? Oh, I see what you mean! :wink: Ati sundar!
  • Seeker
    I've had some rather bizar experiences in the past myself regarding unexplained phenomena, even one shared with another person. And while I wont go into detail about it and while science most probably would all to easily (and eagerly for that matter) write each single occurence off as just another illusory stress induced experience I have lived it all the same.

While I am very cautious concerning any (false) sensory data and any possible illusions coughed up by the brain during any stressful periods I am also aware that despite my own scepsis the possibility exists that the experiences werent false or illusory at all. Personally I consider it to be equally unwise dismissing such phenomena out of hand as to blindly accept them to be true.
  • Agent Smith
    Personally I consider it to be equally unwise dismissing such phenomena out of hand as to blindly accept them to be true.Seeker

Good call!

I wonder if scientists who're researching immortality ever read about Iceland.
  • Seeker
    I wonder if scientists who're researching immortality ever read about Iceland.Agent Smith

I cant find much about it making sense to me honestly, apart from the local burial traditions.

So I'm curious.
  • Agent Smith
    I cant find much about it, apart from the local burial traditions, which makes sense to me honestly.

So I'm curious
    Seeker

• Seeker

The relationship between the subject you mentioned and the scene from "Monk" you just posted eludes me.
  • Agent Smith
    The relationship between the subject you mentioned and the scene from "Monk" you just posted eludes me.Seeker

:zip:
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Would you ever ask questions about QM in a Biology forum? Why asking questions about a Biological Processes on a Physics Forum? I mean why do you think physicists can provide answers on questions of an other scientific discipline?
  • Nickolasgaspar
    The human mind is the most complex thing on this planet and we are constantly engineering circumstancesMojo
    -Well the human brain is the most complex thing we currently know in the universe. Its function "mind" should be special too...and it is.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.