• Changeling
    My sister's older son (2 and half years old) keeps attacking/being mean to his almost 9 month old baby brother. What can be done to stop him attacking?
  • Sir2u
    First of all I doubt that a 2 year old has any idea of meanness in his head. Ask him to explain, he probably won't be able to. Try explaining that it is not nice.

If that does not work.

Slap his ass every time he does it. Not hard, just enough to get his attention. Tell him why he got slapped.
    Do not make a fuss about it, he might like the attention and keep on doing it.
  • 180 Proof
    Old skOol :smirk: :up:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff

I'm truly grateful that you are asking before it gets worse, though I am very slim on advice, I am looking for an answer.
    Until then I can tell you what my OB/Gyn told me on my 2 week post pardom visit after having my second baby.
    The Dr who delivered both kids said that my first born child, age 2.5 was my newborns biggest threat.
    My jaw hit the floor. He said that he was serious and to not allow the baby alone with him.
    Your family is faced with the challenge of mobility of the young so I have to read up and get back with you.
    Keep up with your inquiry because it's a worthy concern but don't paint the older child a problem.
    It's usually a family dynamic rather than one person but the toddler is an easy target without knowing the long term consequences.
    :flower:
  • Changeling
    Do not make a fuss about it, he might like the attention and keep on doing it.Sir2u

That makes sense.
  • Changeling
    the challenge of mobility of the youngArguingWAristotleTiff

What's that?
  • Sir2u
    Probably cheaper than all of the therapy sessions as well.
    Can't imagine how those kids can carry on after those quacks have told them how badly traumatized they must be.
  • Jamal
    :roll:

My advice is to find better sources of information and advice than this forum.
  • Primperan

A smack on the ass in time avoids many evils.
  • Hanover
    Cain v. Abel, Jacob v. Esau, Joseph vs. his brothers. This outcome of sibling rivalry thing is a central part of our foundational myth. Cautionary tales perhaps? http://chqdaily.com/2017/07/rabbi-sacks-relates-modern-conflict-biblical-sibling-rivalries/

My advice is to find better sources of information and advice than this forum.jamalrob

I usually commend people for bringing their real world problems to an amatuer internet philosophy forum. What could go wrong?
  • Sir2u
    What could go wrong?Hanover

Your kid could turn out to be another Hitler!!!!
  • 1 Brother James
    The best way is to ask the older brother his "need" to hurt his younger brother? Do so lovingly, kindly, and with an honest desire to empathetically Know what is causing the older brother to need to hurt the younger brother. My guess? The older brother "feels" left out, or somewhat abandoned by the parents attention to and upon the younger brother. Peace
  • Primperan
    The older brother "feels" left out, or somewhat abandoned by the parents attention to and upon the younger brother. Peace1 Brother James

WTF. If my son hits his little brother, I will kick his ass for being a coward. If you hit someone smaller than you because he is defenseless, why do you think your father is not going to apply the same logic to you, idiot? And if he persists in his bad attitude, he would put him up for adoption. He is probably not my son, but a chromosome aberration. Genetics has interesting moments.
  • Sir2u
    If my son hits his little brother, I will kick his ass for being a coward.Primperan

Ironically that would make you worse than he is.
  • Primperan
    Ironically that would make you worse than he is.Sir2u

w-c-fields-3.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.