• Apollodorus
    Apparently somewhere in LeviticusJoshs

But apparently it's @hope's own theory.
  • hope
    Apparently somewhere in LeviticusJoshs

I don't read books, I write them for others to read.
  • Apollodorus
    Then you don't need this post.hope

That's OK then.
  • Daniel
    This post gave me anxiety.
  • Apollodorus
    I don't read books, I write them for others to read.hope

And which books are those, if I may ask?
  • Apollodorus
    This post gave me anxietyDaniel

Maybe you should try the books then. Or maybe not ....
  • Joshs
    God knows all the answers. You don’t. That means, unless you abdicate your self responsibility to live your own life. you’re going to have to get up tomorrow morning like all the rest of us and deal with the normal day to day conflicts, frustrations and confusions. You will not call these anxieties because that would make you an unbeliever. If you did call these anxieties you might be prompted by these feelings to try and achieve a deeper understanding of others that would alleviate some of the conflicts, frustrations and confusions. Since you won’t call these
    expereinces anxieties , how will you respond to them? Will you assume it is all part of the greater plan and simply accept the conflicts? Will you pray for guidance and try to change your world or your thinking about the world?
  • dimosthenis9
    Maybe you should try the books then. Or maybe not ....Apollodorus

Can I bet to the "maybe not" case?
  • Apollodorus
    Can I bet to the "maybe not" case?dimosthenis9

You can indeed. I might do that myself.
  • hope
    You will not call these anxietiesJoshs

There is a subconscious fear level and a surface fear level.

Neither are anxiety.

Anxiety is deeper than both.
  • Hanover
    Or maybe it's about realizing your creator is a billion times vaster than you are so you have no right to doubt or hate yourselfhope

Bitachon. Look it up.
  • Apollodorus
    Bitachon. Look it up.Hanover

Bitachon cures anxiety?
  • Hanover
    Bitachon cures anxiety?Apollodorus

Absolutely. It's the key. But you've got to believe. Emunnah isn't for everyone.
  • Apollodorus

Right. But I thought it was physics? And it's supposed to be @hope's own theory.
  • dimosthenis9
    Absolutely. It's the key. But you've got to believe. Emunnah isn't for everyone.Hanover

You should have never opened such dark gates. Now anxiety seems to be our lightest problem.
  • hope
    You should have never opened such dark gates. Now anxiety seems to be our lightest problem.dimosthenis9

Dark Night of the Soul
  • Hanover
    Right. But I thought it was physics? And it's supposed to be hope's own theory.Apollodorus

Hope's theory is exactly as it ought to be in order for this conversation to be as it is. That's what bitachon demands. There are no "buts." Rephrase your sentence in a positive way. Tracht gut vet zein gut I always say.

How can there be anxiety if we trust every blade of grass is exactly positioned for its purpose? I credit Hope for bringing this up.

Positivity.
  • Apollodorus
    How can there be anxiety if we trust every blade of grass is exactly positioned for its purpose?Hanover

Well, I've never been a particularly anxious sort of person, to be quite honest. But I can imagine that trust can have a soothing effect on those who are.
  • Joshs
    How can there be anxiety if we trust every blade of grass is exactly positioned for its purpose? I credit Hope for bringing this up.Hanover

Prior to Darwin, biologists believed that God created each species to be exactly suited to its purpose. It was a simple, ordered scheme. They didn’t try to explain the relations between species because it didn’t occur to them to look for such relations. So we have two entirely different kinds of ordered schemes in the pre-Darwinian and the Darwinian model. Similarly, a fundamentalist religious view could post that God put evil in this world to give humans the opportunity to exercise free will. In this approach, the ordered scheme of the world is one of good vs evil. Like the pre-Darwinian model, it doesn’t try to probe the relation between those who do ‘evil’ and those who do ‘good’ because it doesn't occur to it that good and evil are value judgements arising g out of relatively shifting cultural contexts.
    My point is that it is not enough to believe in a perfect schematic order of the world. The question is how that order is accessible to us, and what the nature of the order is. One could say that God made every person to be positioned for their purpose just as every blade of grass is positioned for its purpose. But that could mean that one sees each person as either good or evil , of a good character or bad character. In that case, one may believe that anxiety is unnecessary because all is explained. But all one has done is trade anxiety for a resigned, accepting suffering. Why? Because one has settled for a rigid explanatory scheme that fails to make sense of people’s behavior in anything but the most superficial terms.
  • hope

Forest for the trees.

I was created by something a trillion times greater then your minds doubts.

Therefore not only do I have no self doubts, but the very things you doubt are my greatest strengths.
  • Joshs
    Forest for the trees.

I was created by something a trillion times greater then your minds doubts.

Therefore not only do I have no self doubts, but the very things you doubt are my greatest strengths
    hope

I am much happier thinking of my self as something self-creating and re-creating rather than being created by a being outside myself whose knowledge I can never have complete access to. I also have no desire for access to ‘greatness’ , only for intimate, intricate, gentle and peaceful relational understanding of others.
  • hope
    whose knowledge I can never have complete access toJoshs

I AM it's knowledge

I look within myself and I see a fabrication by omniscience.

I don't need knowledge of my own because I'm already perfect and complete as I AM.

and anyone who contradicts my being is automatically and instantly proven ignorant. Because my being comes from something a trillion times greater than the doubts and judgments from a limited human mind.

When you go beyond your own doubts and judgments you will simultaneously go beyond all doubts and judgments from every mind on earth.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.