• khaled
    God's standards.baker

As I said, we don't know those. So anyone who pretends to judge God by God's standards is bullshitting. He has no clue if he's correct or not.

Now, because he's God, his perspective is all that countsbaker

Doesn't follow. And even if it did, again, we don't know said perspective. So we have to make due with what we have, which is our own standards to judge by.

How??baker

Again, what does God being God with a capital G have to do with us being unable to judge him?
  • baker
    As I said, we don't know those.khaled
    Perhaps you don't, but that doesn't mean everyone else is the same as you.

So anyone who pretends to judge God by God's standards is bullshitting. He has no clue if he's correct or not.
    If God is a tribalist, and a particular person is a member of the chosen tribe, then they very much have the clue.

Again, what does God being God with a capital G have to do with us being unable to judge him?
    Because, by definition, God precedes and contextualizes us, makes us possible. Thus, whatever we do, is made possible by God.
  • khaled
    Perhaps you don't, but that doesn't mean everyone else is the same as you.baker

How might one go about finding out God’s standards?

If God is a tribalist, and a particular person is a member of the chosen tribe, then they very much have the clue.baker

Or they’re just insane. How do they know it’s not that?

Because, by definition, God precedes and contextualizes us, makes us possible. Thus, whatever we do, is made possible by God.baker

Right. Where does this preclude us from judging said God? God seems to have even made it possible seeing as how we can easily iudge him.
  • baker
    How might one go about finding out God’s standards?khaled
    By being a member of the chosen tribe. IOW, it's not up to one's own choice.

Right. Where does this preclude us from judging said God? God seems to have even made it possible seeing as how we can easily iudge him.
    Sure. But we might still go to hell.
  • James Riley
    This is true goodness. True goodness. True human goodness. The role model of human goodness you are.baker

Here's you, baker, being the passive aggressive fascists racist that you are: https://chrismaleyblog.files.wordpress.com/2021/05/devils-advocate-white-guy-3.jpg
  • khaled
    By being a member of the chosen tribe. IOW, it's not up to one's own choice.baker

Or they’re just insane. How do they know it’s not that?khaled

Surebaker

So one can consistently hold that God is omnibenevolent and judge him.
  • baker
    So one can consistently hold that God is omnibenevolent and judge him.khaled

I guess insane people can be consistent like that ...
  • baker
    Don't think that your misrepresenation and your contempt go unnoticed.
    People like you make the world not worth saving.
  • James Riley
    Don't think that your misrepresenation and your contempt go unnoticed.baker

I would place the burden of proof upon you but even I am not that mean. That would call upon you to go back and find the impetus for my contempt of you. You could not be expected to find where you refused to deny that you were a fascist or a racist, for that would be you proving yourself wrong and you can't be expected to do that. After all, you are Baker.

People like you make the world not worth saving.baker

So long as Jesus loves me, we're all good, right?
  • theone

When was the last time you asked God how it is? has it been well?
    Minds need is not universes need. God is real. People are looking for way out, to be taken care of, propaganda to ensure fear and following.

Mind creates dream like state of world and it's wishful for better future.

Yet it fails to understand that it's not unique and it's death would mean nothing.
  • baker
    I would place the burden of proof upon you but even I am not that mean. That would call upon you to go back and find the impetus for my contempt of you. You could not be expected to find where you refused to deny that you were a fascist or a racist, for that would be you proving yourself wrong and you can't be expected to do that. After all, you are Baker.James Riley
    Guilty until proven innocent? It's not you who needs to prove your accusation, it's I who needs to defend myself against it and convince you otherwise?
    See, this is exactly the sort of thing that makes you a Trumpista. De Torquemada would be happy to have you on his team.

I don't exist. I am whatever you say that I am. I think whatever you say that I think. My intentions are whatever you say that my intentions are. I am a figment of your imagination. I don't exist.
  • baker
    Meanwhile, your molars rot.
  • James Riley
    Guilty until proven innocent?baker

Hell, Baker, we can settle this right now. All you have to say is:

I am not a racist and I hate racism.
    I am not a fascist and I hate fascism.

Pretty simple really. I think that is pretty close to what I asked before but you did the two-step shuffle and squirmed your way around it. Hence the nomenclature.
  • theone

Frankly James Riley is correct.

Talking about other man morals while not knowing him or understanding his creations, not wanting to become better just to feel better and above everyone else. Funny world.
  • Prishon
    God's true benevolence lays in the creation of the temporal infinite universe. Complete with all the shit that somehow comes along with it. And all the beauty and biodiversity that occupies galaxies here and over the horizon. Before I return to his being I will have lived an infinity of lifes.
  • baker
    Frankly James Riley is correct.

Talking about other man morals while not knowing him or understanding his creations, not wanting to become better just to feel better and above everyone else.
    theone
    He started this. He started this with misrepresenting me viciously and refusing to desist. He has always treated me like I am his underling and that I am committing a grave offense for not submitting to him. He wants me to acknowledge him, while he refuses to acknowledge me. He wants to set the terms. He wants to rule over me.
  • baker
    Your request is as absurd as your accusations. My only hope for you is that you remain blissfully ignorant of what you miss out on in life and the damage you do with your combative and authoritarian attitude, and that you will only become aware of that late in life, when it will be too late to do anything about it.
    You had your chance and you wasted it.
  • James Riley
    Based on what reasoning should we conclude that the presence of those things is evidence that God (if he exists) is not benevolent?baker

I don't think there is any. The presence of those things means God IS benevolent. He looks kindly on the micro-organisms that eat human flesh. Sounds pretty benevolent to me.
  • James Riley
    Your request is as absurd as your accusations.baker

So, you don't deny that you are a racist and a fascist. It's settled. Now the only question is, are you? When we empanel a jury, as finders of fact, they are called upon to bring their life experience to the consideration of the veracity of witnesses and to draw conclusions regarding demeanor. I sit in the jury box. I have observed your defense of individuals who's conduct I deem to be fascist and racist. Were you to be an attorney, advocating for them in a demand that the burden of proof be met by the state, then I'd toss you a bone. But I'm not the state. I'm on the jury. And you're not their attorney. You are, at best, your own counsel. Pleading the Fifth? LOL! I can decide on the record.
1234Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.