• 180 Proof
    Yes. All I'm saying, I think, paraphrases what the ancients like Laozi and Epicurus, more or less, teach: our mastery of more-than-human nature necessarily depends upon our mastery of human nature; we are nature writ small, like waves on the ocean. And also: mastery (i.e. wise re/usage) is not mere 'technological control'.
  • Manuel

:ok:

Hah. That's like asking a dog to understand itself.

We are indeed, very far away.
  • Jack Cummins

I definitely don't think that technological control is the best approach. If anything, my thread question of 'control' is a critical aspect of this because human beings like to be in 'control', but that is the perspective of the ego. I think that we are may be best looking to the ideas of the writers you mentioned and some other ancient thinkers because they have more of an intuitive understanding of turbulence and flow inherent within ourselves and other aspects of nature.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.