• frank
    It's just a power play. You can click the reply arrow to signal who you're talking to.
  • Gregory
    Every belief has tortured it's enemies. Religion though is the most widespread psychological disease in the world. It obviously is not rational to ask about something higher or beyond physical reality. Religion is effeminate narcissism
  • Banno
    ...effeminate...Gregory

Oddly sexist.
  • frank
    Religion is effeminate narcissismGregory

Is ”effeminate" an insult here?
  • Gregory
    Let me clarify then. As Bede Griffin wrote, finding your deeper feminine side is what religion is about. Spirituality can be good and reading Greek classics on their beliefs can be enlightening for someone. But when this becomes religion it devours you individually in the abyss of "God". Christians even pretend to eat Jesus in a quasi sexual act of love wherein they become the bride of Christ. If you are becoming the bride of God then you have religion. And that's not a good thing whether you are male or female
  • frank
    Yea they definitely would have burned you at the stake.
  • Jan Ardena
    Hey Frank.
    Where is the reply button?

It's just a power play.

Interesting.
    But what does it have to do with God?
  • Banno
    finding your deeper feminine side is what religion is about.Gregory

Do you think Bin Laden would agree?
  • Gregory

Click the three dots at the bottom of a post. The reply button appears. If you scroll over a sentence or paragraph you can click "quote" too as it appears
  • Gregory

He was a power monger
  • frank
    If you want to reply to someone, push the three dots below their post. Then push the arrow. Their name should pop up in your edit box.

Did you want to talk about God?
  • Banno
    He was a power mongerGregory

A feminine power monger?
  • Gregory

Feminine means passive. Not that all females are or should. Thats just how people process this. Religious people think they are purified because they become passive to an all powerful deity. It doesn't make sense for man to be masculine towards God. That is what Job is about. Best not to be religious
  • Banno
    Feminine means passive.Gregory

No, it doesn't. If you meant passive, why not say passive, instead of the implicitly sexist language you chose?

Actually, I would have used "submissive"; a taunt to Islam.
  • Gregory

There is a sexual element to it. Most religions have called the highest god a "He" for a reason, which is that piety is making you know God as Father and Husband. That how most traditional religion are
  • Banno
    Most religions have called the highest god a "He" for a reason, which is that piety is making you know God as Father and Husband.Gregory

Historical patriarchy, which your comment reinforced.

Submissive would have been a better choice.
  • Gregory

Effeminate means a perversion of the feminine, but females are generally more submissive to men than the other way around. But I imagine you think that's bad? Anyway it doesn't take away from the potency of what I said or is that a bad word too?
  • Gregory

Try highlighting a sentence by scrolling over it and then click the quote button that appears. Then you'll be all ready for this forum
  • Jan Ardena

Did you want to talk about God?frank

I thought the thread was about God.
    But yeah, I would like to talk about God if anyone is interested.
    I take it the majority here are atheist
    /agnostic?
  • frank
    thought the thread was about God.
    But yeah, I would like to talk about God if anyone is interested.
    Jan Ardena

It's about necessity as it relates to divinity. You can start a thread about God if you want. Just make it philosophical. ”Religion bad” is not philosophy.
  • baker
    A feminine power monger?Banno

Clearly, you have not met many women.
  • baker
    You're letting yourself be dragged onto their turf, exactly what I warned against.
    — baker

How do you figure?
    jorndoe

Because you bring in biblical references, thus moving the discussion onto their turf.
  • baker
    But He exists in the same way that someone can account for hearing that tree fall in the forest, either by being present, scientific analysis, or common sense.Jan Ardena
    Which per se doesn't suffice for religious membership, and God belief without religious membership is worthless.
  • Gregory

People are social and so do share spiritual ideas. But does your logic imply a new religion cannot start? Every religion was once new
  • Jan Ardena
    Which per se doesn't suffice for religious membership, and God belief without religious membership is worthless.baker

“Religion” and “theism” aren’t necessarily connected, anymore than formal education and living a materially successful life.
    Religion is, at it pure core, education for the spirit-soul aspect of our being. It can get you to the point of self-realisation quicker, in general, than following your own path.
  • baker
    Not my problem. The religious should get their act together and fight their own wars amongst themselves for supremacy, before they go out and pester those who are not religious.
  • baker
    So are you a functional member of a religious community?
  • Jan Ardena
    It's about necessity as it relates to divinity. You can start a thread about God if you want. Just make it philosophical. ”Religion bad” is not philosophy.frank

Good religious knowledge is superior to philosophical banter IMO. But I get your point. :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment