• skyblack
    In this thread one had looked into the popular gods that are familiar to humanity, and how these gods have failed man.

However there are a select few or an extremely small part of humanity that have asked or sought to find out, throughout millennias, if there is anything transcendent, anything sacred. Something that may be untouched by human corruption.

Even these select few are in error, as they aren't willing to give up the smaller gods which have already failed them. The want to have both. The comforting smaller gods and the transcendent. The want to keep their petty little gods in wall street, in universities, in the presidential office, in the churches, and also have something completely different than all that, which one may call the sacred.

But in order to inquire and find out if there is anything that is sacred at all, one must have to abandon everything that isn't sacred. Which is everything that man has created. Whether it is the church, the presidential office, the wall street or the pet narratives.

Therefore there must be freedom to even inquire. Naturally, the investigation can't be done through a colored lens.
  • skyblack

You see how this works? I own you, siisy. You will come running to me each time.
  • praxis

Each time you post a brilliant insight the wise will show their support, of course. I was so inspired by your revelations that I immediately went out back, did my business, and then uploaded a shot of it to illustrate my appreciation and enthusiastic agreement with your address. What could be more human and less sacred than human do-do?!

I apologize that this turd appears rather unfirm. I haven't been getting enough fiber of late. Last night I made grilled hamburgers, which are low in fiber. They were good though, seasoned with fresh basil and other herbs, an egg for firmness and to retain moisture, a bit of cheddar and parmesan cheese, and a splash of soy sauce. So you're looking at a little bit of that in the photo above.
  • skyblack
    Each time you post a brilliant insight the wise will show their support, of course. I was so inspired by your revelations that I immediately went out back, did my business, and then uploaded a shot of it to illustrate my appreciation and enthusiastic agreement with your address. What could be more human less sacred than human do-do?!

I apologize that this turd appears rather unfirm. I haven't been getting enough fiber of late. Last night I made grilled hamburgers, which are low in fiber. They were good though, seasoned with fresh basil and other herbs, an egg for firmness and to retain moisture, a bit of cheddar and parmesan cheese, and a splash of soy sauce. So you're looking at a little bit of that in the photo above.
    praxis

While your capacity for wisdom has yet to be established (that claim was amusing though), but it’s quite obvious from the size of the turd your colon sphincters are slowly expanding, on account of the visits to yours truly.
  • praxis
    That was actually a little funny. I didn’t think you had it in you.
  • skyblack

That was actually a little funny. I didn’t think you had it in you.praxis

Yes, i am showing you the joke that you truly are. Having fun? Could do it even more so and really quick, but unfortunately you couldn't take me up on the challenge, sissy. Your profile picture/thumbnail has the appropriate color, yellow.
  • Nils Loc
    I saw brown bear scat at Polychrome Pass in Denali National Park. It consisted entirely of blue berries and reminded me of jam. Because it was not made by man, presumably, it must be sacred. I just wish I didn't see it through the color-corrupted lens of jam memories and toast remembrance.

If (wo)men are made by (wo)men and are thus (wo)man-made, the only way out I guess is through suicide. Hopefully it is a kind of metaphorical suicide... like I hunt the bear that is my doppelganger and eat his blue berry heart.
  • skyblack

I was wondering about the other sissy.i.e. you. When you would show up, considering the recent turn of events. Clearly you knew about them since you were doing your daily rounds.

But then i remembered you are an opportunistic troll (which is the worst kind of sissy), so it was just a matter of time before you would show up, lil fella.
  • praxis
    Your profile picture/thumbnail has the appropriate color, yellow.skyblack

It's 100% yellow and 30% magenta, actually. Your Floridian thrift store monitor must be tweaked.

I was reading about a color theory the other day that claims black was the first recognized color by (wo)man. Allegedly, if you scan early texts black was the first color distinguished and mentioned. Next came white, then red, and so on. Blue was one of the latest, as I recall. Supposedly if you were to ask a primitive woman what color the sky was they would have said something like, "sky black". This in no way suggests that you are primitive. I'm sure that it's merely a coincidence.
  • skyblack
    It's 100% yellow and 30% magenta, actually. Your Floridian thrift store monitor must be tweaked.

I was reading about a color theory the other day that claims black was the first recognized color by (wo)man. Allegedly, if you scan early texts black was the first color distinguished and mentioned. Next came white, then red, and so on. Blue was one of the latest, as I recall. Supposedly if you were to ask a primitive woman what color the sky was they would have said something like, "sky black". This in no way suggests that you are primitive. I'm sure that it's merely a coincidence.
    praxis

If there is something sacred or transcendent, then it has to be primordial, and thus primitive. The primitive will have much less corruption and malfeasance than the modern. And this is no surprise when one looks at the expressions of such claimed modernity, in examples such as yourself. One wonders if in our haste to prejudicially define the words so as to use it weapons, we have the intended meanings confused. It certainly seems that way. Therefore I will take the word primitive as a compliment. One needs a primitive mind and heart, which are clear and objective, to see the signature of the sacred when one looks at the sky, and the work of the transcendent in the blooming of a flower. This para is perhaps an addendum to the OP.

Now coming back to you, clearly animal scat and human turd are sacred to both of you. This of course shows in both of your conduct. Conduct being an expression/measure of what/who a person truly is. So I will let you two run along and revel in your scats and turds. I am guessing you will apply your philosophical acumen to examining and analyzing the said, in context with your own lives. And of course when you come here you will be encrusted with them and share the philosophy of the turd with your fellow philosophers, as you seem to be doing. And form the obvious support, you seem to be at home with other turd-philosophy lovers.

In any case,come see me sometime, sissy. The offer we discussed here and here still stands. You still have both options available. The address to the other forum, or in 3D. You can also bring your bottom feeding girlfriend @Nils Loc to assist you. Now if you will excuse me I have to take a shower as my present business with the turd and the scat is over.

Note: The silence was broken consciously and the reality check was given willingly. No more.
  • praxis
    The silence was broken consciouslyskyblack

Ah, the sacred silence with which the covenant was broken. For a troll there is no more satisfying treat. Fear not though, this game grows old.
  • 180 Proof
    Whenever I see (not hear) the word "sacred", my brain reads it as scared. Must be a forty-odd year hold-over from being a teenage apostate / atheist. :smirk:
  • skyblack
    Ah, the sacred silence with which the covenant was broken. For a troll there is no more satisfying treat. Fear not though, this game grows old.praxis

That's right. You two have been desperately trying to get that treat for over a month, and i gave you what you wanted, consciously and willingly, as a sample. In interests of doing a reality check. Should you two be able to get over your fear and want to test your mettle again, meet me in a place where your trolling isn't sponsored by the central committee and i will guarantee you the things i had mentioned in the links given above. Now go back to your scats and turds, yellow belly.
  • skyblack
    Whenever I see (not hear) the word "sacred", my brain reads it as scared. Must be a forty-odd year hold-over from being a teenage apostate / atheist180 Proof

It's surprising your 40 years of pursuing your belief hasn't freed you from that fear. Must be pretty deep.

Please don't be scared. There are other things to be scared of, than a word,
  • praxis
    You two have been desperately trying to get that treat for over a month...skyblack

Oh pleeezz, don't take yourself so seriously, and you folded like a $5 lawn chair.

i gave you what you wanted, consciously and willinglyskyblack

Perhaps you haven't noticed but you broke your sacred covenant of silence again. Please try harder. :lol:
  • 180 Proof
    I didn't say I was scared, only that "sacred" looks like "scared" to me. But thanks for the encouragement.
  • skyblack
    I didn't say I was scared, only that "sacred" looks like "scared" to me. But thanks for the encouragement.180 Proof

Well,fear does make people hold on to their words and beliefs. Whether it's the belief of a religious god or some other kind of secular god. The OP and other threads have talked about it. So yes, fear is one of the contributing factor for beliefs. The OP is questioning if the mind can be free from such words and beliefs, religiously latched on to by both camps. Which (fear) is demonstrated in their self-labeling. Clearly one cannot look objectively if that freedom (from fear) isn't there. To clarify.
  • skyblack
    Perhaps you haven't noticed but you broke your sacred covenant of silence again. Please try harderpraxis

Like this response, the previous response was also well noticed. The point about the involvement/sponsorship of the central committee in your trolling had to be made.Hence that post Not because one expects it to change, that would be silly. But simply to make y'all aware, that yours truly knows exactly what's going on. Likewise, the reason for this post is to add the finishing touches on the point (since one is dealing with amateurs that have to be spoon fed)) that you are still outclassed in every possible way, irrespective of your belated emoticons, which actually work against you, every time the joke gets clearer. So my dear little yellow-belly, the point is, you two became less than a 2 dollar hookers (no offence to that group, merely using it as a comparison) when you started following me around. By trying so hard, you lost before you began.

But again, maybe you can change that. Come see me sometime, if you can make yourself. Go ahead and have your last word, try again.
  • Nils Loc
    But in order to inquire and find out if there is anything that is sacred at all, one must have to abandon everything that isn't sacred. Which is everything that man has created.skyblack

Is it obvious what man has created aside what nature has given us. How does one draw the line between man and nature? Why not conceive everything that man is as purely an outpouring of nature in its wild pluralistic rhizomatic effusions.

The Saudis chop heads off in Deera Square for trivial crimes, while the brutal winter culls all sorts of animals in far Northern latitudes.

Why isn't the conceptual distinction "corrupt" (a naturalist fallacy) out of the gate?
  • praxis
    The point about the involvement/sponsorship of the central committee in your trolling had to be made.skyblack

I don’t know how you could possibly have figured that out but of course that is the case. I have been handsomely rewarded for certain, how should I say, clandestine activities. Although I’ll have you know, just last week I received a message that my services would no longer be required. It had been determined by Central Committee that a “fiscal restructuring” was to be implemented and cuts had to be made. Fiscal restructuring my ass! A little bird told me that certain chairmen blew the budget on hush payments to some of their more vocal whores. Like anyone gives a fuck where they put their peckers.

It is as you say, Sky, nothing is sacred in the realm of men. An honest days work is rewarded with corruption and scandalimity.

So I’m afraid this is the end for us. It is the end because I say it is the end (fuck Central Committee!). If you wish you can troll me in the future and I will teach you the meaning of silence.
  • skyblack
    To continue a bit from what was said in OP and to finish what was said to @180 Proof :

The investigation into the possibility of anything sacred cannot be undertaken from a fearful heart and a conflicted mind. It seems to OP, that investigation can only begin when the heart is free from the fears generated by self-interest, and a mind that has been cleared of conflict.

Such a heart-mind, full of wonder, and perhaps joy (Absence of fear), exhausting the frontiers of reason yet unable to locate the source of what it's experiencing, is drawn to such a search like a moth is drawn to the flame. It is possible for the seeker to end like the moth. But on closer scrutiny it will be revealed that the ending may have already happened, when the heart became free, and the mind got cleared (as mentioned in previous para)

But such an investigation into the possibility of the sacred isn't within the filed of thought. Which means such an investigation isn't possible in, or by, anything man has created. Because everything man has created is born of divisive thought and it's fears/neurosis. Whether it's religion, the sciences, the arts, politics, society, economics, the beautiful chair, or weapons of mass destruction.
  • Nils Loc
    But such an investigation into the possibility of the sacred isn't within the filed of thought. Which means such an investigation isn't possible in, or by, anything man has created. Because everything man has created is born of divisive thought and it's fears/neurosis.skyblack

Did a man create these paragraphs? Do we conceptualize these sentences? Does the blanket statement apply to the author's creation, as special authority for others to follow?

So if we're being prescribed a non-conceptual invitation to pure experience, or meditative sense awareness, what more?

Why isn't the divisive, demeaning, confrontational tit-for-tat, to and from the author, an indicator of fears/neurosis all around.
  • skyblack
    Did a man create these paragraphs? Do we conceptualize these sentences? Does the blanket statement apply to the author's creation, as special authority for others to follow?

So if we're being prescribed a non-conceptual invitation to pure experience, or meditative sense awareness, what more?

Why isn't the divisive, demeaning, confrontational tit-for-tat, to and from the author, an indicator of fears/neurosis all around.
    Nils Loc

In interest of any reader i think a response is due to the above. The author has never felt the need to explain his actions and will not start now. The author’s actions are a matter of record and can be traced back by anyone interested in doing so, including his interactions with the human counterparts of this , of which you are a good example. Likewise the conduct of the author (and how he has dealt with attempted bullying and continuous trolling), by the two of you, can be measured by the same evidence. It can be verified, whether, the author is in the habit of exercising authority, or rather, in the habit of adding disclaimers (in his posts) of claiming no authority. Which is completely out of norm in this forum. Author is the only one here that adds such disclaimers, which is a testament to the author's character.

That being said,you (not “we”. We is for cowards in this particular context, and I, know you are in the habit of using this pronoun for reasons that should be quite obvious), aren’t being prescribed anything. It seems y’all are deluded in your worth. Let me clarify in a simple way, your value is less than TP for OP. So unfortunately, OP doesn’t care to prescribe anything to anyone. He hasn’t seen anyone worth that trouble.

As to some of your questions regarding the subject matter being discussed, the author had made it very clear, in the first couple of days of joining this forum; he isn’t interested in educating the clueless. Surely that will also apply to clueless spineless trolls such as yourself. However, in author's succeeding posts or in his answers to others, you might have noticed how easily your clueless objections have been refuted or answers have been given. Now keep in mind I am not demeaning you or anyone else, just stating facts. Facts which can be verified by the same body of evidence mentioned in para one. Unlike your buddy, you know the yellow belly @praxis ,who seems to take great pride in silencing starwmans, yours truly however deals with facts. Everything he has said and is saying, can be corroborated by evidence.

Please don't feel bad or get all neurotic about it. Things happen and people get outclassed. There is always that someone who is going to be better. You cannot fight facts. And you shouldn't. Otherwise you will never be anything more than an insecure, reactionary, petty opportunistic troll. Comprende compadre? You feel me? :-) Good! Now get over it. I am sharing these facts of life with affection. Feel free to disregard them.

Now if you will excuse me, i have things to attend to, with my usual silence.
  • Nils Loc
    "It seems y’all are deluded in your worth. Let me clarify in a simple way, your value is less than TP for OP. So unfortunately, OP doesn’t care to prescribe anything to anyone. He hasn’t seen anyone worth that trouble."

~Skyblack
  • skyblack

That's right! Simple and clear enough isn't it? Course that valuation does not apply to any serious and sincere seekers. That special (and accurate) valuation is reserved for wannabe bullies and trolls like you.

P.S. You should have tagged me instead of posting the above slyly. I guess the trolling fun is wearing off huh.
  • Nils Loc

Continue, oh seeker, supreme authority of misanthropic paradox, sensitive to the slightest gestures of of a benign skepticism.

You didn't even clarify whether you accept you're making a naturalistic fallacy.

If everything of and by man is to be rejected, and you are a man, then whatever you are peddling, by your own admission, ought to be rejected. Why do you get a special exemption? Perhaps because of the immense esteem/hubris your grant yourself. You're permitted to insult but cannot stand any reciprocation of insults, even if it is a kind absurd light-hearted play. Chill out dude. You're just like everybody else. You eat, shit, and use up a lot of energy for the sake of farting around. You clitty clack on a keyboard/computer manufactured in China. You pay your bills and your taxes. You read stuff written by others and write back because you're looking for somekind of bond/connection. You have time to kill.

Same old song and dance.
  • skyblack
    Continue, oh seeker, supreme authority of misanthropic paradox, sensitive to the slightest gestures of of a benign skepticism.

You didn't even clarify whether you accept you're making a naturalistic fallacy.

If everything of and by man is to be rejected, and you are a man, then whatever you are peddling, by your own admission, ought to be rejected. Why do you get a special exemption? Perhaps because of the immense esteem/hubris your grant yourself. You're permitted to insult but cannot stand any reciprocation of insults, even if it is a kind absurd light-hearted play. Chill out dude. You're just like everybody else. You eat, shit, and use up a lot of energy for the sake of farting around. You clitty clack on a keyboard/computer manufactured in China. You pay your bills and your taxes. You read stuff written by others and write back because you're looking for somekind of bond/connection. You have time to kill.

Same old song and dance.
    Nils Loc

Well, one cannot expect integrity from someone like you, but be careful, you might choke on so much scat coming out of your mouth.

You seriously don't expect me to explain my actions to you, do you? Sorry, won’t do it. My actions are on record. I am not going to play this game you want to play. You are too small for me to indulge. But if you still want to pursue this further I will definitely give you the option to meet me at a more neutral place. The options I gave to that other troll is now being given to you. But, unfortunately, I am 100% sure you cannot take me up on it. Clearly you lack the spine and the intestinal fortitude for that kind of thing. However, I am willing to be proven wrong.

But to anyone (without any history of bullying or trolling) sincerely interested, who have the social skills to ask courteously as a normal person would, even if they are obsessed with the author as you two seem to be, I will direct them to the body of evidence previously mentioned. Wherein they can see and verify for themselves, the credibility (or its lack), of your continued failed attempts to vilify(the scat that you keep pulling out of your fanny) the author. Let them do evidence based comparisons. If they have any clarifying questions I may entertain them, and help them through that body of evidence. But such an inquiry needs to be evidence based, not any fictitious sissy rants coming from insecurity.

P.S. you can also reach out to me in PM with your grievances. I am curious to see how deep your conflict and neurosis go. But that’s not what you will do, right? You would rather play this game.
  • skyblack

If you cannot accept any of the options given then go ahead say your last word, and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
  • skyblack
    To continue from what one said few posts up:

Looking at the subject matter so far, it seems the quest to discover if there is anything sacred, has it's foundation in wonder, curiosity, and joy. Like a discoverer who has seen the signs and is looking for the source. That quest has nothing to do with the fear based endeavors, of thought trying to find security in it's own creations. Whether the creations are secular, religious, or some other kind.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment