• Wheatley
    Im pretty sure he is.
  • Protagoras
    Which one?
    Religion is still very much alive.
  • Jack Cummins

If the death of God was really established as an ultimate truth, I am sure that you would have been able to talk about it in the main philosophy section rather than put it in the lounge. I am not saying that the case in favour of the existence of God is clearcut, but the argument for the death of God is complicated, involving consensus, as well as a framework for arguing for the death of God, beyond the ideas of Nietzsche.
  • skyblack
    Who/what is god?
  • praxis

Let me guess. It’s a thought, and thought is a product of thinking, and thinking is the cause of all human suffer’n. Better to stick with the bear necessities, the simple bear necessities, and forget about your worries and your strife!
  • Nils Loc
    The cosmic sheet is neither dead or alive.

Twist/fold into whatever shape you'd like, supposing you can. What old narrative (origami story) must we contextualize the question with.
  • 180 Proof
    "Is god dead?"

translation: Is disbelief in or that there is (a) g/G defeasibly warranted?

Yes.

Is death god?

:death: :flower:
  • skyblack
    Let me guess. It’s a thought, and thought is a product of thinking, and thinking is the cause of all human suffer’n. Better to stick with the bear necessities, the simple bear necessities, and forget about your worries and your strife!praxis

But see sissies can’t stick with the bear necessities! They will have to meet a bear in the wilderness (not in captivity), who will then remind them, they aren’t bears, but simply sissies acting as bears behind anonymity. They will need to be educated on the way of the bear.

The question then is, can the sissy find the rocks to meet the bear in the wilderness? If they can, then they know where (the address has been given) to meet. Upon meeting the bear in wilderness these sissies will find they can squirm in ways they didn’t think was possible, and will start praying to whatever god they believe in. Maybe then we can discuss about god. Anyone up for the challenge?
  • skyblack

That's what i thought!

This is what happens when one is nothing but a washed up sissy running his-her mouth behind anonymity. I am glad we did a reality check.
  • praxis

Well, we can't settle this in person unless you live in southern California so we'll just have to pretend fight I guess.

200.gif
  • skyblack

Actually i do live in southern Cali. Feel free to PM me if you wish.
  • praxis

Okay, let's do it tough guy. :lol:
  • skyblack

Sure, whatever works for you. If you cannot do it, you can always continue with your trolling here. Maybe play with some more cartoons eh. I won't hold it against you.
  • praxis

Behind the cafeteria after homeroom then. Don't chicken out.
  • skyblack

No PM? That's what i thought!

I will let you carry on. Again, it was a pleasure doing this reality check for you.
  • praxis

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to PM you.
  • Noble Dust

It's such a meaningless statement. Yawn
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.