• Shawn
    I was wondering if Quantum Mechanics is predominantly a phenomenon that occurs at low entropic states?

What I mean by this is that for stochastic quantum mechanical interpretations where temperature gradients for matter govern entropic states by density or chemical reactions. Under this understanding of stochastic quantum mechanics, it seems that for localized or entangled states non-locally what can be understood is that there is a fundamental need for entropy to be governed by specific temperatures or Brownian motion to govern stochastic probabilistic distributions for stochastic processes. With the above in mind, it seems to me that quantum mechanics only applies to very specific low entropic states with temperature gradients.

Does this make any sense, and the fundamental question is what kind of influence does Quantum Mechanics have in relation with entropy not entailing chemical reactions at specific temperature gradients?
  • Shawn

Well, I know of only von Neumann entropy in stochastic Quantum Mechanics. Yet, there's not really any literature out there pointing towards the entropic states of systems subject to Quantum Mechanics, which I find puzzling.

Do you know of any mention of any co-linearization between von Neumann stochastic Quantum Mechanics and entropy in general?

Thanks.

@Wayfarer, what do you think?
  • Shawn

I'm inclined to suppose that time evolution of stochastic systems describe the tendency of fit for stochastic measurements to produce decoherence as T grows minutely, which might be what you are mentioning about the Yang-Mills gap, yes?
  • jgill
    Would this thread be considered good physics or bad physics? I can't tell because its a foreign language for me. :chin:
  • 180 Proof
    "Good physics" on a philosophy forum would raise interesting philosophical questions. So no, the OP is just more "bad physics" from a philosophical perspective (and "trivial" from the perspective of physics).
  • Wayfarer
    Does this make any sense?Shawn

From my armchair amateur perch, I don’t think so. The equations of quantum mechanics predict and describe the motions of sub-atomic particles at every stage of the Universe past a few micro-seconds after the singularity, whether as part of a chaotic or ordered system. (As always, will defer to anyone who knows better.) Interpretation is one thing but I think this OP is actually straying into physics proper.
  • Shawn

Yeah, I suppose my question is simply the relation between quantum mechanics and entropy in general for localized systems, and seemingly nobody can provide any information on that relation...

Thanks anyway?
  • Shawn

It's actually not that trivial.

See, the sparse google results for an inquiry on the issue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=quantum+mechanics+and+entropy
  • Shawn
    Another way of stating the OP in terms of a question seemingly would be:

At which point when the entropic state of a localized system cause decoherence between entangled states of two systems?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment