• spirit-salamander
    Should it strictly follow mathematical methodology or be like pure poetry with mere metaphors?

I think most philosophies are inconsistently in between.
  • Apollodorus
    There is nothing wrong with poetry but it must have practical application. If "mathematical methodology" helps validate philosophical tenets or make them more accessible to other philosophers or to the general public, then it's even better. In any case, like Plato said, philosophy and ethics should guide politics and other aspects of life IMO
  • spirit-salamander
    In any case, like Plato said, philosophy and ethics should guide politics and other aspects of life IMOApollodorus

Okay, from a practical, pragmatic or realpolitik point of view, it doesn't matter how philosophy is taught. The main thing is that real results are achieved. I agree with you there.
  • MondoR
    Philosophy is the attempt to view life from the outside, from the inside. Quite difficult and possibly neverending as the subject and object are one and the same, and ever changing.
  • Apollodorus
    The main thing is that real results are achieved. I agree with you there.spirit-salamander

And bearing the practical aspect in mind, perhaps we should also look into what ought to be the objective of philosophy in relation to society. Unless this has already been addressed here.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.