• Ryan O'Connor
    I'm enjoying this forum and I really like how quoting others is so easy and clean. Nevertheless, I'm curious to know if there are other philosophy of math forums out there where there is a lot of activity and the discussions are informed. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

• jgillAccepted Answer
    Of course, Stack Exchange in mathematics is sort of a forum, and the participants include very knowledgeable professionals, although not so many mathematical philosophers. Very few on TPF have any graduate math experience. Exceptions include fishfry and fdrake, both of whom are up to speed on modern math topics including foundations, which overlaps philosophy. I retired over twenty years ago and am not as reliable. :sad:
  • Ryan O'Connor
    Thanks jgill! Stack Exchange is a good format for Q&A but I don't think it offers a very good format for discussion. I think TPF is a pretty sweet spot it's good to know that I've come to the right place. Cheers.
  • Ryan O'Connor
    This looks good! Thanks!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.