• Elegans
    Why I can't send some messages to members?
  • fdrake
    Can you please specify this problem more precisely?
  • Elegans
    I went to an account and then I clicked on the button 'Send a Message'. I didn't can send an message because the window didn't open and all of my 'Send a Message' buttons always grey. You understand what I mean?:)
  • fdrake

You understand what I mean?:)Elegans

I don't think so.

hnauq90wt6km3kwb.png

The above page is the page I'd get by clicking on your profile, name, etc, it's your user page. If I'd clicked on send message on the above screen. I'd get sent to this page:

burf4dbmnhfjbc0z.png

Which would prompt me to send you a personal message. It would prompt me to send you the message because I clicked "send message" on your user/profile page.

Is your inquiry to do with this private messaging system? If so, try sending me a message to see if it works!
  • Elegans
    It doesn't work. I write from my mobile phone can these be a posibility because it doesn't work? Or I'm stupid :/

- Hope you understand what I write -
  • fdrake

What operating system does your phone use? And what browser are you trying to use for this?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Or I'm stupid :/Elegans
    Nah, we are all learning.
    Btw Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!
    Tiff :flower:
  • fdrake
    It doesn't work. I write from my mobile phone can these be a posibility because it doesn't work? Or I'm stupid :/Elegans

Software issues can make anyone feel stupid. If the extended mind thesis is right, perhaps software interfaces failing to work are rather like having a debilitating and undiagonised condition in a nervous tissue. Irritating, painful. To make matters worse, it is difficult to tell if something is the user's fault or a software issue until the problem is resolved. Irritating, painful, easy to construe as your fault/responsibility.

Only on this forum will you receive philosophy replies in a tech support/feedback discussion. ;)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Software issues can make anyone feel stupid. If the extended mind thesis is right, perhaps software interfaces failing to work are rather like having a debilitating and undiagonised condition in a nervous tissue. Irritating, painful. To make matters worse, it is difficult to tell if something is the user's fault or a software issue until the problem is resolved. Irritating, painful, easy to construe as your fault/responsibility.fdrake

Fucking Brilliant :grin:
  • Jamal
    You can't send private messages until you have posted 20 times.
  • Elegans
    Thanks guys:)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.