• gadzooks
    Whilst maybe not a typical topic of discussion inside of a philosophy forum, the case of Carcinization, or the process of evolution of non-crab sea species into a crab-like creature. What I wonder deeply about is why nature continues to force these species into Carcinization, does nature view the crab as some sort of ultimate specimen? Or are the laws that dictate this crab-olution simply outside the bounds of the traditional system of nature? And that maybe someday, will humanity too shed their metaphorical (but also literal) flesh shell and embrace the superior crab carapace?
  • unenlightened
    This is a case of becoming hypnotised by superficial appendages.

Every complex member of the fauna is fundamentally a worm, consisting of mouth, stomach, gut, and anus. The addition of systems of discrimination (senses), self-protection (exo/endo-skeletons), movement and manipulation (limbs, fins, tentacles, claws) are all little extras that serve to feed and hide the essential inner worm.
  • 0 thru 9
    I’m quite crabby enough as it is, thank you very much.

If the oceans flood, we may have to evolve into dolphin-like creatures.
    Octopus is a very intelligent being; maybe we could be friends with them.

Though I’d wouldn’t mind a tail like a spider monkey, so when I climb trees or play music I can really SWING baby! :monkey:
  • fdrake
    God is a Lobster, or a double pincer, a double bind. Not only do strata come at least in pairs, but in a different way each stratum is double (it itself
    has several layers). Each stratum exhibits phenomena constitutive of double articulation. Articulate twice, B-A, BA. This is not at all to say that the strata speak or are language based. Double articulation is so extremely variable that we cannot begin with a general model, only a relatively simple case. The first articulation chooses or deducts, from unstable particle-flows, metastable molecular or quasi-molecular units {substances) upon which it imposes a statistical order of connections and successions (forms)
    — Deleuze and Guatari, A Thousand Plateaus

Crab innit.
  • Hanover
    Every complex member of the fauna is fundamentally a worm, consisting of mouth, stomach, gut, and anus.unenlightened

Women defecate too? But they're so pretty.
  • Hanover
    Not sure if you saw the movie The Lobster. It was disturbing and I didn't really like it.

It was a dystopian dark comedy where people who could not find mates within a certain period of time were removed from the human population and transformed into the animal of their choice, with the main character choosing to be a lobster because they lived so long.
  • unenlightened
    Women defecate too? But they're so pretty.Hanover

If women were pretty, there would not be the huge beauty industry to which every woman in the world ever pays homage every day. This is esoteric knowledge revealed here in public for the first time: women are disgusting.
  • Count Timothy von Icarus

God is a Lobster, or a double pincer

God, I hope not. We'd be in for it.

3u4t54jys6oixda7.png
  • 0 thru 9

It’s people! You’re eating my people! Oh lord why?!?

:cry:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.