• Albero
    yeah I agree there. Hell, reading your posts tends to fill my mind with a sense of dread, and yet I keep coming back to read more of them :lol:
  • Albero
    While it’s true that more ought to adopt, I don’t think adoption is the catchall solution here. Adoption is an incredibly expensive, tedious, and even exclusionary process that can take years to complete. Adopted kids also come with their own issues, and I don’t think every parent is properly prepared to deal with it. If anything, adopting should be made easier but I don’t blame potential parents for not adopting
  • Tzeentch
    Adoption is an incredibly expensive, tedious, and even exclusionary process that can take years to complete. Adopted kids also come with their own issues, and I don’t think every parent is properly prepared to deal with it.Albero

Sounds like that should prompt exactly the kind of prior thinking required for making such a decision.

If one is unwilling to make such sacrifices for an orphan, what makes them think they would fare any better at raising their biological child?
  • New2K2
    They would simply close their eyes and sign it, then slowly it would become an in-joke.
  • Albero
    because some of these sacrifices don’t apply when raising a biological child. Adoption to me doesn’t seem harm free, because when you adopt a child, you’ll probably have to pick the kid you wish to adopt, which means singling out other ones. Creating a person negates this problem, and I don’t think every person is able to make that choice.
  • Ciceronianus
    I wonder if this would cause someone to stop and think more when considering procreation and putting more people into the world.schopenhauer1

Better yet if it causes them to kill themselves, thereby assuring they won't procreate and disposing of themselves to boot, resulting in less people in the world. Two birds with one stone, as it were.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet