• Nils Loc

Good stuff.

It's an alternative world to Harold and the Purple Crayon.

Hakuin and the Toilet Roll.
  • praxis
    You're too kind, Nils.

So it seems I'm the only one with enough extra free time in the lockdown to Get Creative.

covid19.jpg
  • Noble Dust

The TP fixation is interesting. Btw, are these all actual paintings? Pretty impressive if so. I have a dark ambient record in the cooker (darkest ambient stuff I've done), but it actually feels too dark to put into the world right now...maybe in a few months or so, assuming things have cooled off.
  • praxis

The first one with the four silhouetted figures is digital and the last two are oil paint.

About the dark ambient, I think the whole point is to feel with. Upload when finished.
  • Noble Dust
    The first one with the four silhouetted figures is digital and the last two are oil paint.praxis

Ah yes, I have a beginners eye, but I can see that now, looking back. Dare I ask for an...artist's statement? (now that I've first digested the work, obviously!!) btw, you can refuse! It's you're right, dammit!

"to feel with", as in to feel concurrently what's happening in the world? If so, I like that expression, and do "feel with" it. And I'll post the link when it's uploaded. Might be this week, might be in 6 months.
  • praxis
    "to feel with", as in to feel concurrently what's happening in the world?Noble Dust

Art as a means to share feeling, simply.

Might be this week, might be in 6 months.Noble Dust

:lol: Your creativity is about as unpredictable as mine.
  • Noble Dust
    Art as a means to share feeling, simply.praxis

That's still a good reminder, though. I'm probably overthinking it here; if other people are "feeling a bit dark", maybe they'd relate to it, and appreciate it, rather than feel pulled down by it.

:lol: Your creativity is about as unpredictable as mine.praxis

'Tis the life, t'isn't it
  • praxis
    I'm probably overthinking it here; if other people are "feeling a bit dark", maybe they'd relate to it, and appreciate it, rather than feel pulled down by it.Noble Dust

Yes, maybe even share in the catharsis, if that's what it is.
  • Noble Dust

Yes. I think maybe I feel pressure to put something beautiful out in a dark time, as contrast, rather than just reflecting reality...my work is usually less a reflection of reality, but it's ok to shift gears.
  • Nils Loc
    When I get my act together and become an accomplished illustrator from 10,000 hours of practice, I'll be presenting:

Oriental Landscapes using tea as paint.

Tea dragon carrying toilet roll instead of pearl.

Cups of tea colored tea, enjoyed in a tea house by tea drinkers.

A sea of tea with a galleon of tea ahead of a squall.

Toilet roll prayer wheels stained with tea runes.

Biscuits and tea.

Tea and biscuits.

Tea Samurai beheading Coffee Samurai in duel.
  • Noble Dust
    Plastic bag pigeons
    Billow slowly overhead
    The soft city groans
  • Wheatley
    My body loves her soul, and my soul loves her body. :love:
  • Noble Dust
    Some random brain farts of mine led me back to this poem (which I thought I had written like 6 years ago, but turns out it's only 2 years old. I think COVID is making us all old farts)

https://nobledust.wordpress.com/2018/07/27/untitled-6/
  • praxis
    5" x 7" plein-air at Pismo beach.

pismo.jpg
  • Nils Loc
    That's dark and elegant Noble Dust. A shot in the dark. Who is that standing in the Dust, that guy from the Tarkovsky film Stalker, or the Writer, and where is the Cat?

Post-industrial haiku sues you. Lawyer up.

That beach reminds me of a the only French beach I ever went to, somewhere by Guingamp in Brittany.

I wish I had the courage to paint in public if I ever took up paint. Every now and again I glimpse an artist painting in plain air. I'd like to see also a tight rope walker and a jugglar in plain air.

On me P and M's mantle piece sits a hand-me-down in a hideously thick frame of the view from the sea point a walk away from their home. It might be a plain air painting. It's quite thick oil with nice textured effects in a light impressionistic style (though I don't know my art terms). I'll try to discern the name if I can remember.
  • Noble Dust

Lol, what? Thanks though, glad you enjoyed. I think that's the Stalker in my avatar, if I remember correctly.
  • praxis

People don't usually bother you unless you're right on a trial or place with foot traffic. There was a fair amount of people on the beach that day, for instance, but no looky-loos because I chose a spot about 25 yards or so away from the beach hordes.
  • praxis
    8” x 10” that I’ve titled: Still-Life with The Kauai Beer Company Growler and Red Tandem Brewery Government Warning Label with “Machete Rojo”* scribbled On It and Home Garden Golden Jubilee Tomato on Vertically Striped Fabric Background.

Kind of a long and explicit title but hey, who cares.

* Not a great brew

growler.jpg
  • praxis
    Next in the beverage series, the 8 x 10" still-life Dragonwell.

dragonwell.jpg
  • Punshhh
    I'm impressed with your recent paintings, you have really caught to light in the Pismo beach painting.
  • Punshhh
    Some things I have made recently.
    DSCF7050.jpg
    IMG-8659.jpg
    DSCF0481.jpg
    DSCF6670.jpg
    DSCF0478.jpg
  • frank
    Wow! You're a master!
  • praxis

Thanks. Impressive woodworks!
  • Nils Loc
    Yes, please, Longjing or Russian Caravan tea in either the conservatory or in the dinning room.

How does the water get routed/directed from the side of the conservatory against the building? Is it through that grate aside the gutter in the picture with the roof detritus? How do you clean out that side? There MUST be a window nearby for ease of maintenance.
  • Hippyhead
    Hippyhead runs through the digital commune, hoping to impress the hippy chicks with his vitality.

• Sir2u
    Maybe I am the only one to think this, but Hippyhead appears to have more of a chest that a lot of the chicks I know.

But at least the people watching appear to be wearing masks.
  • Hippyhead
    Maybe I am the only one to think this, but Hippyhead appears to have more of a chest that a lot of the chicks I know.Sir2u

Aha, you are very observant! Yes, Hippyman was animated in Mixamo, which warped the shoulders in manner I was unable to fix. And anyway you fool, you're obviously supposed to be focused on his ass. :-)

Scene was created in SketchUp, 3D modeling software typically used for CAD, here used for landscape. Hippyman was created in MakeHuman. Animated in Mixamo. All the parts put together in Hitfilm. All free software.
  • Sir2u
    And anyway you fool, you're obviously supposed to be focused on his ass.Hippyhead

Her ass might have attracted my attention, but I was actually more interested in the technical part of the animation. I have experimented with the programs you mentioned, but never had the time to actually do anything with them. Maybe after I retire.
  • praxis

Interesting, the inner feminine caught in an endless repetitive nihilism while concurrently presenting masculine physiognomy. What you appear to be creatively expressing is the eventuality of a systemic anomaly that is inherent to the nature of patriarchal Western culture. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of resolution. Which brings us to the method of sustentation, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. Ergo, what is required is a return to the Sacred Feminine. Embrace the Goddess and recapture the meaning of your life.
  • Hippyhead
    Her ass might have attracted my attention, but I was actually more interested in the technical part of the animation.Sir2u

I know, just joking around.

I have experimented with the programs you mentioned, but never had the time to actually do anything with them.Sir2u

I'm on to Poser now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet