• turkeyMan
    I worked at a Grocery store (i'm not stating which) recently for just under a week before finding another job. I understand the Corona virus is a real virus and it is killing a significant amount of People, however when the boxes come off the truck they are thrown into the aisles onto the floor. After that the items are very often placed on the floor. The coronavirus lives on surfaces including the floor. The virus can last up to 3 days before dying when it is on a surface. The next day old Ladies come in and pull merchandise off the shelves and bring it home and eat the merchandise.

Where i am going with this is if we were serious about protecting the groups prone to die from the Coronavirus we would probably only have delivery services for food. The whole process of how modern grocery stores operates is not in line with the general attitude of our governments towards the virus. I believe we either need to drastically reduce our reaction to Covid-19 or we need to drastically increase our reaction to Covid-19.

The grocery store workers move at a very quick pace as it is.
  • Ladybug
    People need to be responsible for themselves. In the case of the merchandise, it should be the responsibility of the one purchasing the food to clean it properly, not the government or the store, although thorough cleanings on the part of the store help reduce exposure. Consumers ought to be provided with information regarding the spread of the virus, but the responsibility is largely up to them to take precautionary measures.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    I understand the Corona virus is a real virus and it is killing a significant amount of People, however when the boxes come off the truck they are thrown into the aisles onto the floor. After that the items are very often placed on the floor. The coronavirus lives on surfaces including the floor. The virus can last up to 3 days before dying when it is on a surface. The next day old Ladies come in and pull merchandise off the shelves and bring it home and eat the merchandise.turkeyMan

The merchandise being thrown on the floor is packaged isn't it? You say it's in boxes. So the old ladies are not actually eating what has touched the floor. That being said, I've seen a number of videos showing how to clean your groceries after receiving them from the store.
  • turkeyMan

I actually learned something. I actually told this to several People and they didn't argue with me, so i didn't get this perspective prior to this. Well thanks for letting me know. No sarcasm intended.

In my entire life i've never tried to avoid getting sick, so this process of dealing with food is foreign to me. I may appear to be an idiot but i just don't think like that. Have a great day. Don't worry i haven't told more than 2 People about this and they already have their opinion about Covid-19.

The necessity to avoid having people get sick is of great concern within the food industry. It always has been, as long as food supply has been an industry. There are all sorts of safety measures designed to kill bacteria and keep the food bacteria free. When bacteria manages to infiltrate, and propagate within the food supply, it is a very serious concern. I do not see why a harmful virus would be any less of a concern than a harmful bacteria. If this attitude of taking measures to avoid having people get sick is totally foreign to you, then it's probably good that you managed to get yourself a different job.
  • turkeyMan
    The necessity to avoid having people get sick is of great concern within the food industry. It always has been, as long as food supply has been an industry. There are all sorts of safety measures designed to kill bacteria and keep the food bacteria free. When bacteria manages to infiltrate, and propagate within the food supply, it is a very serious concern. I do not see why a harmful virus would be any less of a concern than a harmful bacteria. If this attitude of taking measures to avoid having people get sick is totally foreign to you, then it's probably good that you managed to get yourself a different job.Metaphysician Undercover

Have you ever had a job before?
  • turkeyMan

If you want to avoid getting sick eat at home and don't eat out at Restaurants. Restaurant workers actually work for a living. They don't have a sense of entitlement like alot of office workers and bureaucrats.

Yes, and I perform my duties with care and respect. Is that idea foreign to you as well?
  • turkeyMan

Why did you feel the need to become disrespectful in the first place

The necessity to avoid having people get sick is of great concern within the food industry. It always has been, as long as food supply has been an industry. There are all sorts of safety measures designed to kill bacteria and keep the food bacteria free. When bacteria manages to infiltrate, and propagate within the food supply, it is a very serious concern. I do not see why a harmful virus would be any less of a concern than a harmful bacteria. If this attitude of taking measures to avoid having people get sick is totally foreign to you, then it's probably good that you managed to get yourself a different job.Metaphysician Undercover

You seem like a really disgusting person.
  • turkeyMan
    The necessity to avoid having people get sick is of great concern within the food industry. It always has been, as long as food supply has been an industry. There are all sorts of safety measures designed to kill bacteria and keep the food bacteria free. When bacteria manages to infiltrate, and propagate within the food supply, it is a very serious concern. I do not see why a harmful virus would be any less of a concern than a harmful bacteria. If this attitude of taking measures to avoid having people get sick is totally foreign to you, then it's probably good that you managed to get yourself a different job.
    14 minutes ago
    Options
    Metaphysician Undercover

What i meant by that is i don't get sick very often myself and you have to realize policies in restaurants and in grocery stores have not changed in significant ways since Covid-19 started. I wash my hands as much as anyone does in the restaurant business. I currently don't work in a restaurant but i did for many years. Before you insult me again i can promise you i've accomplished far more with my life than you have with yours. This is an online forum so don't feel too bad because either one us could be stretching the truth or possibly lying. Take it easy buddy.
    Why did you feel the need to become disrespectful in the first placeturkeyMan

This is not my job, it's my pastime.

I wash my hands as much as anyone does in the restaurant business.turkeyMan

Oh cry me a river. Your boss made you wash your hands, so you quit the job because you thought that working in a grocery store would be easier (washing your hands less) than your work in the restaurant

Before you insult me again i can promise you i've accomplished far more with my life than you have with yoursturkeyMan

Yes, I'd say you've quite possibly washed your hands more times than I've ever done in my entire life, though I may be twice your age.
  • turkeyMan
    Why did you feel the need to become disrespectful in the first place — turkeyMan

This is not my job, it's my pastime.

I wash my hands as much as anyone does in the restaurant business. — turkeyMan

Oh cry me a river. Your boss made you wash your hands, so you quit the job because you thought that working in a grocery store would be easier (washing your hands less) than your work in the restaurant

Before you insult me again i can promise you i've accomplished far more with my life than you have with yours — turkeyMan

Yes, I'd say you've quite possibly washed your hands more times than I've ever done in my entire life, though I may be twice your age.
    Metaphysician Undercover

Who quit their job over washing their hands? Does my Mom love me?

Ever read the Bible? Jesus had a reply for those hand washing fanatics.
  • turkeyMan

What verse? I remember that verse but i don't remember where it is? How do you feel about Hinduism?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment