• remoku
    If you consider all animalia, strangely enough, most of them have senses.

This experience is a sensory experience; a blind man has a handicapped experience, yada, yada.

What other experiences may exist? Is experiencing sense-exclusive?

Countless years after the big bang, fauna who sense, were generated by planet and star pairing.

The universe isn't run by an intelligence, it is generated out of a super-massive event; there is no mind causing things to happen in the background - this is running by itself(after randomness or the creator's technique). Through this 'automated existence', sensory organisms were born - no need for a creator's direct handiwork.

Queries into this matter are welcome; I just can't tell if it's an illusion; and do not see this core mind.

Topic:

Does this show that sense is a significant element of all experience?

Other questions:

Are senses a primary element to existence? Do Gods sense? And if there are other simulations, is sense an element?
  • Anthony Kennedy
    You pose an interesting discussion. I would argue that it is not possible for any animalia to live without having sensed something and we can say that to exist is to have experienced. From that we know that where you have sense you have had experience/s, and where you have experienced something, you have sense. I do not think that it would be possible to have one without the other. Does this make sense?
  • remoku
    I think experience is some division of sense, meaning we sense more than experience.

Experience =/= sense transmitted/received by mind. What we call 'experience' is a translation of what is more significantly active sensing; I think experience makes sense as a concept, but this is a reduction of active sensing, and sensory is more a suited term for our interactions with simulations.

You can say that your spirit energy is experincing the eyeballs, but that is not what you think you are, you are more your mind which the spirit energy result. In the case of the mind, calling, 'it', 'experience' is lesser than calling, 'it', 'sensing'.

This next statement I can't make to make sense ledgebly but I know you'll understand: is vision looking out or looking in? Is it our spirits experiencing the eye (a looking in thing), or our minds experiencing the vision (a looking out thing)?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.