• mcdoodle
    Dworkin I know was against the idea of female superiority, but my point was that some radical feminists continue to believe that men ought to be exterminated, and are highly sex-negative.darthbarracuda

Well, where are they? I found a men's rights blog quoting a woman writer under the headline 'Radical feminist advocates for the extermination of men', for instance, but the headline is a paranoid lie. There is not talk of killing, extermination or anything of that ilk in the woman's article, just dreams of women working together with other women, together with some admittedly far-out imagined solutions to the man problem, like genetic modification :) If you then follow the trail of that blog, the 'men's rights advocate' subsequently engaged in a creepy stalking campaign to out the woman who was writing under a pseudonym. The radfem collective blog is now an archive, perhaps the women have had to go underground, I don't know. The lesson of that to me is that the male misogynist bullies are still winning when they can pick the ground to fight.

I'm sure there are groups of women who are highly anti-men, and some who are 'sex-negative' as you put it. To me the rich recent feminist literature is much more worth exploring than chasing after a threat that to me isn't there.
  • Jeremiah
    -ism debates are a giant pointless waste of time. Most such terms are largely subjective at any rate.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.