• intrapersona
    Of course I can argue against fact. With the election of Donald Trump, we have moved into the post factual era and truthiness is now old hat. A has been. A tired old hag. Get with the program, Intrapersona, reality is a crock. There are no facts, just opinions. And some opinions are more valuable than others, like yours, for instance. ;)Bitter Crank

touche
  • m-theory
    I like small talk.
    It cheers me up and I have a sense of community when I chit chat with the passerbys I encounter.

To me small talk is a way to connect with strangers, and to me it seems small talk is how you segue into deeper subjects.

Also it is often the case that I don't have time to discuss things deeply, on break between classes for example, but I still want to converse with my fellow students about trivial things, like what is going in their classes. To me discussing trivial things can be a way to unwind and get out of my own head for awhile.

I guess I don't feel intellectually insecure so I don't feel a need to constantly prove myself by discussing deep subjects.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.