• praxis
    Italy has 15k cases and 1k deaths? That’s around 6.6%
  • Baden

Yes, it took a stock market crash for the disgusting prick to do anything. :vomit:
  • dclements
    Thanks for the links!ssu
    Your welcome. :D
  • Baden
    I try to think of the countless cases of “letting the government do what they’re supposed to do” and come up with little more than state-sanctioned oppression.NOS4A2

Amusing that a servile sycophant of the head of government who is on this site almost exclusively to spread pro-Whitehouse propaganda is lecturing us about individual responsibility, liberty, and mistrust of government. You literally do almost nothing here but spin the government line and posts links favourable to Whitehouse positions. Maybe you're being deliberately ironic or something but you're an absurd parody of everything you pretend to believe in.
  • Benkei
    I know the Netherlands only tests if they need to know for treatment and to track transmission of the disease. The registered numbers are not accurate in any way, not even lagging what was the actual infection by 7-8 days as you may expect due to incubation time. I suspect at least 1,500 to 6,000 infected but it could well be double if the Diamond Princess is an indication. About half was infected but asymptomatic.
  • NOS4A2

Amusing that a servile sycophant of the head of government who is on this site almost exclusively to spread pro-Whitehouse propaganda is lecturing us about individual responsibility, liberty, and mistrust of government. You literally do almost nothing here but spin the government line and posts links favourable to Whitehouse positions. Maybe you're being deliberately ironic or something but you're an absurd parody of everything you pretend to believe in.

Do they teach you to attack the player and not the ball where you’re from? Because this sort of harassment is not very convincing to say the least.
  • Hanover
    I went to my local supermarket and they were out of eggs and toilet paper, so no toilet paper omelettes for me this week.
  • Baden

I almost hate hoarders more than sycophants. Just how many shits can one dude take?
  • Baden

All anyone has to do to know what I said is true is to read your posts. And servile tools of the government pretending to be in favour of liberty/individuality etc should be called out for their hypocrisy on every platform they pollute. So, stop whining and get back to telling us how wonderful this Whitehouse is.
  • RogueAI
    That’s quite false, according to Tony Fauci. The system didn’t allow for mass testing, he said, that we needed to include the private sphere, which they just announced during his most recent press conference. The administration fixed the testing problem.NOS4A2

It's quite false there was a testing problem and they fixed the testing problem.

Makes perfect sense. I can see why people get frustrated enough to swear at you.
  • NOS4A2

It's quite false there was a testing problem and they fixed the testing problem.

Makes perfect sense. I can see why people get frustrated enough to swear at you.

When you said the testing problem was a fiasco I figured you were adopting the fake news that it was Trump’s fault. I apologize if I was mistaken.

This whole thread is littered with anti-Trump propaganda. I’ve tried my hardest to limit my Trump talk to the Trump thread out of respect for the other posters, but I figured a little push back was necessary since some are using anti-Trump propaganda to wish infection on Trump supporters. That’s fine, but the fact I get berated for offering a more positive take is quite telling.
  • Streetlight
    *laughs as I eat my toilet paper omelettes*
  • Baden

No, this thread and others contain valid criticisms of your government. And you are a government tool doing propaganda and nothing more. At least stop pretending you mistrust government etc. Nobody on this thread trusts and tries to get others to trust the Whitehouse more than you. You do it in an absurd Hannity-type way that only rabbit-level IQs would swallow, but you do it anyway.
  • NOS4A2

I’m not sure in which world name-calling and puke emojis and wishing disease on Trump supporters are “valid criticisms”, but I think I’ve shown that they were not only false, but also ripe with group think and paranoia. I, on the other hand, opposed one of Trump’s policies in this very thread. So the selective and one-sided treatment is apparent. Either way, I will do my best to try harder.
  • Benkei
    Yes, it's telling you that your "positive take" is propaganda and nobody here is falling for it.
  • NOS4A2

Yes, it's telling you that your "positive take" is propaganda and nobody here is falling for it.

Perhaps you can remind me how you dream of castration again.
  • Baden

I didn't claim every criticism was valid. But you respond to even valid criticisms with Whitehouse spin. Maybe inside the government propaganda shell that you've trapped yourself in there's a real person with his own opinions. Maybe.
  • NOS4A2

I didn't claim every criticism was valid. But you respond to even valid criticisms with Whitehouse spin. Maybe inside the government propaganda shell that you've trapped yourself in tthere's a real person with his own opinions. Maybe.

I have not once used whitehouse spin, Fox News opinion articles, info wars or anything like that. At worst I’ve offered the other side of the story, which is oddly missing from any argument. I honestly thought I was offering more nuance to the general hatred and contempt.

I think it’s my general disposition. As you might suspect I’m a marketplace of ideas kind of guy and I like debate for its own sake. Perhaps that rubs people the wrong way and for that I apologize, but I actually do have conviction in what I say. Anyways, again, I will try harder. Such a topic demands at least a little respect to those who may be affected by the pandemic.
  • Baden

OK, then if it's true that Trump delayed testing because he thought it would cause negative media coverage and damage to his chances to reelection. In other words, if it is true that he put his own political interests above public health interests, what would your reaction be? Here's your chance not to give the Whitehouse spin or avoid the question. Take it on. Answer it.
  • Punshhh
    I think it's time we brought NOS4A2 in from the cold. He would get so much more out of these discussions if he were in the free world(free thinking world). He's stuck in a straight jacket outside the door.

All he needs to do is give a sign that he's willing.
  • DingoJones
    I went to my local supermarket and they were out of eggs and toilet paper, so no toilet paper omelettes for me this week.Hanover

:lol:
  • NOS4A2

My initial thought is that sounds like an untrue claim, but I am willing to be proven otherwise.
  • Baden

You didn't answer the question. If it is true then what's your reaction?
  • NOS4A2

I would be disappointed.
  • Benkei
    Nice spin of what I actually didn't say and without the context. Remind me again how deep your tongue is in Trump's ass.
  • NOS4A2

Sorry, what was it? You dream of people hurting your wife and child?
  • Benkei
    Close but no fish. You do recall I don't take you seriously don't you? If this is your trying to get under my skin, please try harder. Maybe some more vulgarity or try to make it more personal. I don't know. Something. This is just boring.
  • Baden
    I would be disappointed.NOS4A2

And if it was a Democrat preferring Americans died to risking an election loss, you would be... ? Just disappointed. Isn't it a little more serious than that?
  • Janus
    Also the idea that EVERYTHING we take for granted in our modern world is dependent on corporations since there are many organizations that provide for the public good that are not corporations themselves.dclements

Everything we take for granted is dependent on the prosperity that comes with cheap energy; a finite resource. The present corporate economy is the great exploiter of that cheap (although becoming ever more expensive) energy, and out prosperity is, in real terms, diminishing, even though that reality is currently still disguised by the generation of credit. All in all a very fragile system and situation.
  • NOS4A2

I mean if he said he preferred Americans would die because he didn’t want to lose an election then he would lose my support immediately. But somehow I suspect that isn’t the case. Is it?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.