• Lif3r
    In my opinion, as far as humans can perceive, to the ground basis of existence's purpose for existing is to exist. If this were not a purpose of existence, then existence would not be.

As for the individual aspects of existence and their purpose for existing, this varies. Galaxies build solar systems. Suns heat planets. Planets make things, acquire, evolve. Biology inhabits, moves and morphs. Individuals inherit their purpose. The rabbit hops. The tree breathes. Individuals also choose their purpose in so far as to the extent that they are capable. Some individuals have more options, while others have few options. Ideally individuals fulfill their personal intentions in coexistence with the rest of existence to facilitate progression of existence itself.
  • Ts233
    The porpuse of life i think is live for the others .
  • Qwex
    Purpose is more like program or machine, in my opinion.
  • BitconnectCarlos
    If I had to give my best guess about this I'd have to go with love - at least with humanity. I would very much reject any purpose that hinged on rationality or grasping something intellectual.
  • Qwex
    Life has a purpose too but it is an array of things, why love when there are also haters? Universal strangeness implies solipsism, it really does, we talk about solipsism because of the chance it's possible. It also implies other things like love. The horse is not called love anyway.
  • RegularGuy
    I believe everyone should know their individual purposes when their time comes or presents itself. It’s a choice to accept the challenge or not. I’m still waiting to see what mine is. I think it might have something to do with an alien takeover of Earth. That’s my so-called delusion. It was presented to me in a dream, but I don’t know if I’m supposed to trust the alien or follow what I know is right. I’m starting to think the latter. But what if the aliens are sent by God to pass final judgment? The alien said they would protect me. Should I trust him or myself?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.