• Shawn
    This one goes out to all those high IQ people who love to analyze social structures of American Indians (which is somewhat a quirk amongst high IQ societies if you partake in them).

What would you classify the social structure (in this case) of American Indians as?

In my mind it is the most unique mesh between fascism and communism that I can imagine.

How about you?
  • deletedusercb
    We're talking about a lot of different cultures. I also don't think it makes sense to talk about communism and fascism, though I understand why they come up, because to me these are forms of society at much larger levels of most native cultures we know about well. And then you have things like the Aztecs which have feudal monarchy imperial aspects to them.

One facet of a number of native cultures is their ad hoc nature. Leaders needed support. They were not like fascist dictators. If people were displeased with the chief, someone else might get general consensus and take over. And any venture that the tribe engaged in: war, changing location, say - even a well respected chief might not get support for. So the whole time they are negotiating, developing support, dealing with factions and elders. It is not hardened down into fixed roles like we are used to. And I mean this even more than in the purportedly democratic nations. There was a looseness to roles. Of course, scale differences make this easier, but I think it is also a different approach than we usually have even in small groups.
  • Shawn

Phew man, I don't even know where to begin in this post (in a good way).
  • I like sushi
    My IQ is too low to understand the question :(

:D
  • Shawn
    My IQ is too low to understand the question :(

:)
    I like sushi

This one:(?)

What would you classify the social structure (in this case) of American Indians as?Wallows
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment