• alcontali
    Reproduction decision usually have more than one issue, so no, I do not agree.Gnostic Christian Bishop

Why do some belief communities reproduce while other ones do not? I think that the question is rather interesting. If you believe the wrong things, you will not reproduce. If you believe the right things, then you will. So, listen to people whose sexual reproduction is falling apart, and then don't believe them. Take note of what they say, because it is wrong.

It is the best "How Not To Do It" manual.

On the other hand, it is preferable not to convince them of the fact that what they believe, is wrong, because the problem is clearly solving itself.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    433alcontali

If you look at the stats, you will find that reproduction drops when contraceptives are available, when education and health care improve, or the standard of living is enhanced.

Because of that, I do not think beliefs, other than right wing fundamentals, has much of an effect.

Mind you, when education goes up, beliefs go down.

This link might help you understand my stance on this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ezVk1ahRF78

Regards
    DL
  • Drazjan
    A phobia is an irrational fear. The disapproval of a practice is not a phobia. Terms like Islamophobia and Homophobia are more often used in rhetoric and sophistry to defend those groups.
  • alcontali

The video shows exactly what is wrong with his views.

It takes over thirty pages of annotated first-order logic to prove just one single, knowledge claim such as the Banach-Tarski paradox, while the speaker in the video spouts claim after claim in a 13-minute talk, each of which would be several orders of magnitude harder to provide evidence for. He still does not hesitate to call all of that science. So, my question becomes: Has he ever seen any real science?

The audience is obviously not capable of assessing that. When the ignorant populace listens to someone like him, how are they supposed to verify justifications that he does not even provide for his long string of conjectures? Just like the speaker, they are also not familiar with legitimate knowledge justification. Of course, nobody asked him how he has experimentally tested any so-called scientific claim he mentioned, simply, because nobody in the audience even knows that this is the question they should ask him.

His talk nicely shows what is wrong with the state-run education system. What he claims, are not justified beliefs -- because serious justification is hard stuff -- but it is exactly what the schools teach, and what they ask their hapless students to memorize, not because these things would be legitimate knowledge, but because it is what the ruling elite wants them to believe.

Behind every lie of the United Nations you will find a New-York bankster.

Only people who can resist the onslaught of indoctrination will keep reproducing. Everybody else will slowly but surely drift to a fertility rate of zero.
    A phobia is an irrational fear. The disapproval of a practice is not a phobia. Terms like Islamophobia and Homophobia are more often used in rhetoric and sophistry to defend those groups.Drazjan

If not fear, what motivates homophobes to discriminate against gays without a just cause to the point of wanting to deny them a lifelong loving relationship?

Or do you think homophobes have a just cause to put sex above love?

Regards
    DL
    alcontalialcontali

That gentleman headed up a whole university department and is an expert demographer.

Do you have better statistics to refute him?

If not, talk to the hand.

Regards
    DL
  • alcontali
    That gentleman headed up a whole university department and is an expert demographer.Gnostic Christian Bishop

Of course, I am sure that there is a state-run university that will pay him good money for spreading his highly ideological views. The ruling elite invests quite a bit of money in their lies. When a manipulative lie suits the New York banksters, then all the money in the world will be available for it, simply, because it is them who print the dollars.

You see, the very first thing to understand about knowledge, is that it does not matter who says it. The only thing that matters, is its justification. The reverse is also true. If it matters who says it, then what he says cannot possibly matter.

Look at the difference with something like the 1905 special relativity theory. It does not matter that Einstein said it. If John Doe had said it, it would have made no difference. In fact, before 1905 Albert Einstein was still some kind of John Doe.

Or in a more recent example, look at the MimbleWimble white paper. Just like for the Bitcoin white paper, the author chose to remain anonymous. It caused a stir, because the math is provable and compelling.

That so-called "head of a whole university bla bla ... expert bla bla" is just a monkey pulling prostitution tricks. Seriously, I spit on him. He is just a filthy whore of the New York banksters.
  • Hanover
    Should secular law do something against the religions that preach and teach poor morals and laws that are the opposite of the better secular law we live by?Gnostic Christian Bishop

I think the state should lay out in a book what is right and what is wrong and make it required reading regardless of the views of the student and his family. That sounds like a great idea.
  • alcontali
    Do you have better statistics to refute him?Gnostic Christian Bishop

A Powerpoint presentation with some Excel sheets in it?
    Come on, what a circus monkey!
  • Drazjan
    A phobia is an irrational fear. The disapproval of a practice is not a phobia. Terms like Islamophobia and Homophobia are more often used in rhetoric and sophistry to defend those groups.
    — Drazjan

If not fear, what motivates homophobes to discriminate against gays without a just cause to the point of wanting to deny them a lifelong loving relationship?

Or do you think homophobes have a just cause to put sex above love?
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

You are still mixing two things up. Disapproval is not phobia. What actual casebook Homophobes do or think is another matter, and I would not even guess. However, today we see branded as irrational anyone who does not condone homosexual practices. How homophobes rate sex and love I would not guess. Love is intangible. Sex happens between genders. These aspects of the human condition are hard to escape.
  • alcontali
    Mind you, when education goes up, beliefs go down.Gnostic Christian Bishop

Where indoctrination goes up, net assets go down, and even get wiped out by student loans.

You can see these idiots paying inordinate amounts of money to watch live circus monkeys, the kind of which the academia are so exceedingly well endowed, farting bullshit.

Knowledge requires justification, and justification is incredibly hard to pull off, and even notoriously hard to verify. It may take dozens of pages of annotated first-order logic that keeps chaining until it reaches a conclusion that objectively only allows for less than an inch of progress, and all of that about an abstract, Platonic world, because we are not even truly capable of doing that about the real, physical world.

Once in a blue moon, someone pulls it off anyway, and publishes something original that resists extensive testing in the real, physical world. That is newspaper-grade news, because it almost never happens.

So, concerning so-called "education", what they are doing is just not hard enough. That is just one, good reason why their degrees are worthless. Furthermore, their beliefs do not go down, because they still believe that they will find a real job after memorizing phone books full of conjectural nonsense, sponsored by the New York banksters who will also be cashing in on the student loans, while only Starbucks will be willing to conditionally employ them. So, no, the false beliefs do not go down. They go up! And up! And up!

Of course, the United Nations wanted their head quarters to be in New York, not too far away from the scheming bankstering cartel that tells them what to do. It is a gigantic scam fest, the goal of which is to make the false beliefs go up, and up, and up; and money in the idiots' pockets go down, and down, and down. A fool and his money are easily parted. He will get a useless degree instead.
    You see, the very first thing to understand about knowledge, is that it does not matter who says it.alcontali

You say after a character assassination while having nothing to refute anything.

Go away.

Regards
    DL
    I think the state should lay out in a book what is right and what is wrong and make it required reading regardless of the views of the student and his family. That sounds like a great idea.Hanover

A good beginning that. Let's be led by the best while showing why we reject the worst.

The world wants to move left as the maximum freedoms we can have come from that side.

Regards
    DL
    Come on, what a circus monkeyalcontali

--- you are.

Regards
    DL
    However, today we see branded as irrational anyone who does not condone homosexual practicesDrazjan

Not so.

We brand them as immoral and bigots as they discriminate without a just cause.

Irrational might apply but a persons morals, to me, are more important than if he is rational or not.

Regards
    DL
  • Drazjan
    However, today we see branded as irrational anyone who does not condone homosexual practices
    — Drazjan

Not so.

We brand them as immoral and bigots as they discriminate without a just cause.

Irrational might apply but a persons morals, to me, are more important than if he is rational or not.
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

It is so. And you have been doing up until this post.
  • Hanover
    A good beginning that. Let's be led by the best while showing why we reject the worstGnostic Christian Bishop
    I was being sarcastic. But, should it have been for real, I get to be the decider of right and wrong.
    It is so. And you have been doing up until this post.Drazjan

If I read you right, make your case case or stop insulting like a G D child without showing the reason for the chastisement.

Chastisement without correction just shows the hate in your heart.

Regards
    DL
    I was being sarcastic. But, should it have been for real, I get to be the decider of right and wrong.Hanover

If onl;y sarcastic, then you do not live by the Golden Rule and do not care that your friends are being led astray by immoral ideologies.

You might want to get more moral.

Regards
    DL
  • Hanover
    If onl;y sarcastic, then you do not live by the Golden Rule and do not care that your friends are being led astray by immoral ideologies.

You might want to get more moral.
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

You advocated a rule that the state should dictate right and wrong. I've asked to chair the committee so that I can pack it full of those who follow my lead. That you don't like my sense of morality sucks for you. You're not on the committee. And that was my point about sarcastically suggesting that the state should be in charge of dictating morality. It's the very reason we don't have a state run religion. It seems hardly relevant whether we call our religion Christianity or Secularism. The objection is in trying to enforce morality on the public. Your personal belief that the Golden Rule is the sole correct moral ideology seems awful Christian of you.
    that the state should be in charge of dictating morality.Hanover

They do it now with secular law.

The objection is in trying to enforce morality on the public.Hanover

Which is already being done to some extent by all governments via their laws.

It's the very reason we don't have a state run religion.Hanover

If an American, you should recognize that you have a religion run government. You just won't admit that you live in a Hypocrisy and not a Democracy.

You do have state run religions as your government has passed a number of laws that inhibit religions and outlaws some of their tactics and policies.
    Your personal belief that the Golden Rule is the sole correct moral ideology seems awful Christian of you.Hanover

LOL.
    Why? They plagiarized it from older and wiser ideologies.

There is almost nothing unique in Christianity that has not been plagiarized.
    I E. Jesus was what, the sixth deity born of a virgin?

Regards
    DL
  • alcontali
    You say after a character assassination while having nothing to refute anything.Gnostic Christian Bishop

What is there to refute in his Powerpoint presentation? It is obviously not even wrong.

It is simply not possible to make that kind of far-reaching claims, merely by brandishing a few Excel sheets.

If you believe it is, then you are obviously not familiar with any real knowledge claims. In other words, what you think you know, is not knowledge. It is mere bullshit. Review everything that you think you know, and search -- possibly in vain -- for something that is not completely worthless.
    Thanks for the worthless garbage.

Regards
    DL
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.