• iolo
    Apes are better at being apes, humans are better at being humans; other comparisons can only be irrelevant. surely?
  • Valentinus
    I agree that the idea was useful in the 18th century. But is it still useful?Dusty of Sky

Useful toward what end?

The idea is the foundation of all of the presently employed declarations of human rights. If "you" are opening up the principle up to questioning, where are "you" when there is no longer a boundary between "you" and those who would decide what your value is compared with the others?
  • Bodhisattva
    Equal in what way? You must define what you mean. If you mean are all people born with equal intelligence, for example, then obviously not. One can inherit a gift for maths from a parent. Or, do you mean socially equal? Sadly not. One can be born into poverty or riches. But I would like to think that all humans, whatever their background, would be given equal respect and help to progress in life. We are all entitled to a fair chance, to live a life of fulfilment and joy, whatever our circumstances
  • christian2017

i was referring to the book Sapiens. I agree with just about everything you said. The book "Sapiens" does not.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet