• YuZhonglu
    I'll listen to you if you can provide a detailed synopsis of the logistics of how computers are made. Where do they get the raw materials, what machines are used, which factories make what, etc. etc. Basically, describe to me their supply chain.

Marxists talk a lot about factories, but they seem to have very little knowledge of how factories (or supply chains) work in the first place. Like, for all of your knowledge of Marxism, how often have you actually visited the factories that make stuff?
  • frank
    What's your background in manufacturing?
  • YuZhonglu
    None. That's why I'm interested in this stuff as I know very little about it.

As I said: I would listen to you if you can provide a good summary.

Also: I'm not the one making big broad generalizations about the philosophy of factories and manufacturing, so the onus is on the "Marxists."
  • frank
    How would you know if my summary is correct? Do you know what CAD/CAM is?
  • Maw
    Marx spoke to and corresponded with factory inspectors and traveled to factories when writing Capital. He was originally a journalist. He wrote in detail how the production process worked in specific factories, the raw material used etc. To be fair, he dealt more or less exclusively with England factories, although mid-19th century England has arguably been the purest expression of Capitalism in its history. You literally just haven't read Marx.
  • YuZhonglu
    1. Maybe Marx has. But you haven't.
    2. Factories have changed a lot since the 1860s.
  • YuZhonglu
    I can google it and see how much of your "explanation" is copy and pasted.
  • YuZhonglu
    I would like to point out that most of the manufacturing of the future will be fully automated (Ai manufactured and AI designed). We won't even need human workers anymore.

Marxism has nothing on that. It's a 19th century philosophy designed for a 19th century world. But it's the 21st century now, baby!
  • frank
    I can google it and see how much of your "explanation" is copy and pasted.YuZhonglu

I'm not going to tell you how computers are made (although I think I know more about than you do).

I was just telling you that private property isnt about owning your pants. I'm not a Marxist. I think Marx had an apocalyptic outlook. Communists did anyway.

Getting really angry about stuff like this really isn't productive. Just sit back in your easy chair and get all philosophical. :)
  • YuZhonglu
    I get philosophical by getting angry. Otherwise, it's a waste of time. Discussions are more fun when everyone's a little hairy.
  • frank
    I get philosophical by getting angry. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.YuZhonglu

Dont you have a gym membership for that?
  • YuZhonglu
    I'd rather walk.
  • frank
    I'd rather walk.YuZhonglu

Walking is good. Especially by a river or lake.
  • YuZhonglu
    It doesn't matter as long as you stand (not sit). I've actually designed it (monitor, keyboard, and mouse on pedastal) so that when I use the computer I have to stand. The next step is to get a treadmill, but I haven't done that yet.
  • Maw
    Yeah when Marx wrote about how Capitalists, having bought the labor power from a wage-laborer, will aim to maximize the time used for that labor, that has absolutely no relevancy for the 21st Century.
  • Maw
    I swear most people on this earth are simply missing half their brains.
  • YuZhonglu
    That's because you're condescending and no one likes you.
  • Maw
    Yeah I'm typically condescending when people don't read and don't know jackshit about what they are talking about and are overall just not intelligent.
  • YuZhonglu
    Yes, exactly. Demonstrating your perceived superiority and proving my point.
  • TheSageOfMainStreet
    What Humanity Needs Is an Ambidextrous Guillotine

Their is no Left Wing. After the French Revolution, the hereditary plutocracy divided into two ideologies on how to perpetuate Birth-Class Supremacy. One, the Reactionaries, decided that the best way was totalitarianism, to humiliate the working classes into absolute hopelessness and fatalistic subservience. The other division decided that democracy would inevitably supersede them unless they infiltrated democratic movements, single-mindedly pushed their way into leadership of them, and deceptively established the same Born to Rule totalitarianism. The desperate and power-hungry Marxists took advantage of the delusion that they were the most dedicated because they had the most to lose by rejecting Reactionism.
  • Tzeentch
    At multiple times during their debate it seems like they're just talking past each other.YuZhonglu

Possibly this was intentional. In broadcasted debates like this, the debaters often aren't concerned with engaging in a productive discussion with each other. Instead they try to convince the viewer of their viewpoints.
  • ssu
    The Preppy Progressives transfer their deserved but denied guilt over being nothing without Daddy's Money to those whose opportunities are stolen through that heiristocratic appropriation. With the delusion that they are Born to Rule, they seek distortions of history in order to force Whites to feel guilty. They hate their fathers while continuing to still believe what their fathers told them, before adolescent rebellion on everything else, about their inherited superiority.TheSageOfMainStreet
    Now that the Generation Z has reached the campus and makes it's own sillyness apparent, I always emphasize not to judge a whole generation by it's loudest actors. Yes, stereotypes do tell something true, but shouldn't be generalized. What also ought to be noted that the 'Preppy Progressive' tend to be in the top universities, which have a history of 'being woke'. And why wouldn't they feel so important, when they made the cut to an Ivy League University.

My reality check comes from my job where I meet young conscripts: the millennials and the gen Z. As I've talked about this among my peers and the now retired baby boomers, it's obvious that these serious minded guys and gals of younger generations are just OK. You just have to explain things to them and raise your voice only when they otherwise cannot hear you. Old school military antics will get them confused, the society has changed. Some argue that they are actually far better than the Gen X and baby boomers, who, especially the baby boomers, used a lot of alcohol and didn't take their conscription and military service so seriously.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet