• James Statter
    why are the athiests and religious people on this site a huge cut above what i'm used to?

The way both sides are able to describe different types of statements as well supply information i'm not used to hearing from either athiests or religious people. I don't know if i'm smart enough for this site. I really don't. Yeah i know it sounds like i'm brown nosing but i'm being honest.

I'm used to facebook and a paintball discussion group.
  • T Clark
    The way both sides are able to describe different types of statements as well supply information i'm not used to hearing from either athiests or religious people. I don't know if i'm smart enough for this site. I really don't. Yeah i know it sounds like i'm brown nosing but i'm being honest.James Statter

A lot of people here have been at it for a long time. We really care about what we are saying. Some of us are really smart. Being on the forum is a good way to improve your writing.

Also, we are a community. We like each other (more or less). We support each other....Well, sometimes. Most of us are really competitive. We want to be good enough to kick the other guys' asses.

So, read the guidelines and get started. Of course you're smart enough. From what I can tell, you're definitely smarter than ....Well, I guess I shouldn't say.
  • Streetlight
    Well, this is a dedicated space for this kind of discussion for one ... and also discussions on facebook are trash as a matter of definition. A waste of time for anyone involved.
  • BC
    I can't tell how much of a compliment it is being a cut above what you are used to. I'll just go ahead and assume that you are used to the very good.

We are the leading forum on the Internet with the name The Philosophy Forum. Nothing comes close, even.

Hang around and we'll get to know each other.
  • Frank Apisa
    Hey James.

I'm new here also.

Good place. Stick around.
  • iolo
    Hi Frank - wondered where you were. Yes, it's a good place, but rather hard work for intermittent and un-philosophical one liners of my low type. One can but soldier on!
  • Frank Apisa

Hey, Iolo.

Yeah, I had to get away from that other place. Way too much hatred.

Soldier on, my friend. Your one liners will go a lot further here than you suppose.
  • S
    Your one liners will go a lot further here than you suppose.Frank Apisa

He'll have stiff competition. And no, I'm not referring to Banno. :strong: :grin:
  • Pattern-chaser
    Hang around and we'll get to know each other.Bitter Crank

From me too. :smile:
  • Frank Apisa
    Your one liners will go a lot further here than you suppose. — Frank Apisa

He'll have stiff competition. And no, I'm not referring to Banno. :strong: :grin:
    S

;)
  • Pattern-chaser
    I had to get away from that other place. Way too much hatred.Frank Apisa

I escaped from a forum that had turned into a sciencist talking-shop. 'Unscientific' topics were trolled by members and moderators (!) until discussion was prevented. This place seems a lot better. :up: Very little hatred either! :wink:
  • Frank Apisa

Yup. Much better atmosphere here.

The entire of society around the world seems to be toxic these days. Glad to be away from it for a while.
  • Baden
    I don't know if i'm smart enough for this siteJames Statter

It's not all about being "smart" anyway. A lot of it is choosing the right topics to get involved in (i.e. those you know enough to contribute to), making a sincere effort when you do post, and showing some charity and restraint in your interactions with others on here (though most of us are guilty of not doing that at times, including we all-too-humans on the mod team).

Anyway, welcome.

Thanks for the positive feedback. :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube