• pbxman
    I recently posted a 9/11 question in which real events were mixed up think fantasy in order to make people ponder? What is wrong with that?
    Philosophy should be about critical thinking skills and looking for the truth and that's exactly what that question was about.
  • Christoffer

Why should fantasy and facts be mixed up in order to make people think? Truth and fantasy should be clearly separated. What was the question?

And conspiracy theories is in my opinion pseudo-intellectualism at its worst.
  • pbxman
    I was talking about false flag operations and the possibility of the discovery of alien civilizations.
    the idea was talk about "revolutions of the mind" and why people have trouble with them.
    Something like this https://philosophy.stackexchange.com/questions/50669/authors-on-the-trouble-with-the-revolutions-of-the-mind
    The moderator was probably scared-shitless and decided to remove the question without actually pondering on it.
  • Streetlight
    I deleted it. If you want to make a point about truth or whathaveyou, go ahead. No need to use a very raw, very contentious event to make that point. Especially with a badly written thread largely composed of copy-pasted block quotes.
  • pbxman
    you are probably American and you don't want to talk about the philosophical implications of 9/11 being an inside job.
  • Streetlight
    You're right on the second count, at least.
  • pbxman
    Ok then a Brit or anglo-centric who cannot do real philosophy. Well done mate!
  • pbxman
    Why should fantasy and facts be mixed up in order to make people think? Truth and fantasy should be clearly separated. What was the question?

Yeah ask that to Plato and his myth of the cave and Descartes and his Evil Demon...very realistic as opposed to 3000+ architects who demand a new 9/11 investigation and the real possibility behind other civilizations out there
  • Baden
    We're all in the pay of the Bush family and would rather you didn't blow our cover.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.