• Artemis

Generally I agree. It's not helpful to tell people "you're horrible, I'm better than you" and hope they'll listen. (Though the church seems to have done fairly well using just that tactic.....)

However, I can't help if someone feels implicitly judged because I'm living my own life according to my own morals.
    Or if someone feels judged in the face of a theoretical argument which is seeking to evaluate the right course of action such as this one.
  • chatterbears
    That'd be a curious choice of words, but I guess one is entitled to their opinion. But again, claiming to be superior is probably the worst way of convincing people of one's views.Tzeentch

Let me rephrase the statement for NKBJ. Would this be more convincing?

'I evaluate veganism as morally better to omnviorism'

Other examples:

'I evaluate punctuality as better work ethic to showing up late'
    or
    'I evaluate punctuality as superior work ethic to showing up late'

Both convey the same idea, but you are some how stuck on the word 'superior'. When, in the context we are using it in, just simply means "better".

Better / Improved / Superior.

Pick your choice of word, as they all mean the same thing in this context. Veganism is morally better/improved/superior to omnivorism.

Can we get over the semantics now and actually talk about the real issues with Veganism?
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.