• Janus

OK, well, you're entitled to your views, of course. For me though, they come across as tendentious; I agree with @Noble Dust that your account of intuition is a superficial 'simpletonistic' caricature. Happy trails!
  • Noble Dust
    Wisdom is basically knowledge.TheMadFool

That seems a very unwise position.
  • TheMadFool
    That seems a very unwise position.Noble Dust

I read somewhere that wisdom = good knowledge. ''Good'' is an adjective'' but ''knowledge'' is a noun. Said otherwise we first have to find knowledge and then determine if it's good or not.
  • bloodninja
    I see what you're trying to express. But I think it is totally misguided.

Try replacing 'knowledge' with 'understanding', and 'good' with 'true'.
  • ExTiNcT SaNitY
    I used to think I was wise; I was the sunday-school devotee; the youth pastor took to me the most because I was passive and hungry to learn. I seemed to have a certain existential knack at an early age. A lot has happened since then. Now I don't know what wisdom is.

I'm just relaying this little personal story so Michael doesn't delete the thread for "low post quality". In reality, all I want to ask is: "What is wisdom?"
    Noble Dust
    Never understood this sub basic questions that are easily read in a dictionary. If there's a complex aspect that one doesn't understand and wants to discuss it, then sure it's a good thing to post, but not this.

If it was a big serious business, one would probably be fired not being able to perform a normal mail correspondence.
  • TheMadFool
    I see what you're trying to express. But I think it is totally misguided.

Try replacing 'knowledge' with 'understanding', and 'good' with 'true'.
    bloodninja

Well, I think change is the only unchanging truth. If there's wisdom worth holding onto then that's it.

Doesn't that mean wisdom needs to update itself with time?
145678Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet