• bahman
    More importantly, why would a perfect god even create to begin with? To be perfect would mean this god is complete, lacking in nothing. It would lack emotions, which would include any desire, and would be void of a personality, which would otherwise require a constant flux. I don't see any way a perfect god could even exist. If it does, it must be static. If there is a god, it would appear it is imperfect.Crystanium

Yes.
  • charleton
    What is going on? Why we are here?bahman

It's not even a question.
  • bahman
    It's not even a question.charleton

I know that creation is not a question. You said that you need to open the book of nature to understand what is going on. I asked what is going on?
  • charleton
    "why are we here?" Is no question.
    How do we come to be here might be a better one, and that can be answered by looking at natural history.
  • Jon
    The main question is where we are heading?bahman

I think people are heading in different directions... to different places...
  • deletedmemberwy
    Why? I cannot understand.bahman
    Imperfection isn't created; it is the corruption of something that was once perfect. In the case of the artist and the eraser, no new information was added, hence nothing imperfect was created. Rather, the painting became imperfect but was not created imperfect.
  • Jon
    Imperfection isn't created; it is the corruption of something that was once perfect. ILone Wolf

I don't know... I think creation brought everything into existence.
  • deletedmemberwy

Yes, only God can create. But imperfection as I know it is a corruption of available information; nothing new is formed.
  • Jon
    imperfection as I know it is a corruption of available information; nothing new is formed.Lone Wolf

That doesn't mean imperfection wasn't present prior to creation.
  • Jon

Tzimtzum - Self-Limitation

Creating Space

In the creation myth of ancient Judaic mysticism, God creates the universe by a process dubbed tzimtzum, which in Hebrew means a sort of stepping back to allow for there to be an Other, an Else, as in something or someone else.
    — Introduction to Kabbalah: The Creation Myth
  • deletedmemberwy
    Interesting, but since no one was there to see anything, no one has proof of any sort of creation. All we can do is observe what we can see today. I see that imperfection isn't created, it is caused in the senses that I have already explained.
  • Jon
    I see that imperfection isn't created, it is caused in the senses that I have already explained.Lone Wolf

Possibly.. but I don't think our minds can touch upon anything that isn't in this realm of creation. You're saying error is just misconfigured information but I think error is what we need to work out.
  • Jon

Actually I think I'm wrong in equating error with imperfection.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Yes, you are right in saying we can't understand something that isn't created. Imperfection is rather our recognition that something isn't perfect. Perfection is a system, combining mathematics and logic. If something is not perfect, but imperfect, then something is missing from that system. If X(Y+Z) is perfect, but we see (Y+Z), then we see imperfection because X is missing. Also, XX(Y+Z) is imperfect, because there is too much of X, but nothing new was added to the equation as we are presented with the exact same variables, but one is in greater proportions than what is perfect.
  • Jon
    Well, imperfection may relate to man but I think error may actually relate to some element in creation that needs to be worked out.

PS... when I say man I'm actually referring to all of life's attempt at survival.
  • Jon
    The imperfection lies in the material world and the senses, the perefection lies in the metaphysical world and the mind and in God.René Descartes

What then is the purpose of creation?
  • CuddlyHedgehog
    God is a fictional character.
  • Sir2u
    How could God create imperfection?bahman

Maybe he made the perfect mistake?

Or maybe it is only humans that see them as imperfections.

Or made he did not create anything at all and the imperfections came about just as the perfections did.
  • Santanu

It would be better if you can give some examples of imperfections which is created (by God)
  • Santanu

What is to do "good"? Is it applicable to life of all animals?

Give some random example:
    Is Trump doing good or bad?
    Is Kim doing good or bad?
  • deletedmemberwy
    I'm not sure this is the case. We could maybe also describe perfection as the lack of imperfection. But perfection has no faults, and lacks nothing. So could we not say that things that are created are imperfect by nature of being created?Mr Phil O'Sophy

Imperfection in its own word implies a lack of perfection, hence IMperfection. Suppose that things were at one time created to last an infinite amount of time, it would be then perfect. But as a fault, or imperfection came about, the loss of complete order forces it to become finite.
  • deletedmemberwy
    If the painting is perfection, and it lacked nothing, then you could not go towards it and erase anything because that would mean it lacked you, therefore not being perfect.Mr Phil O'Sophy

The painting does not require you for its existence. And the person who erased it would be detracting from its existence.
  • Santanu

So why don't you give some examples of doing good
  • TheMadFool

May be God's perfection isn't human perfection.
  • bahman
    Imperfection isn't created; it is the corruption of something that was once perfect. In the case of the artist and the eraser, no new information was added, hence nothing imperfect was created. Rather, the painting became imperfect but was not created imperfect.Lone Wolf

That is logically impossible since an imperfect being/thing doesn't change.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.