• Banno
    It's not been played here before, but I was reminded of it by recent thread.

Rule one: it's your turn to add a rule.
  • Shawn
    Rule #2. Whereof one cannot speak things must be shown.

Pictures, please.
  • Banno
    Rule #3
    socialContract1.png
  • Metaphysician Undercover

Fuck you, and your childish, insidious games.
    I overthrow the game, then I rule.
  • tim wood
    Rule #4. Anyone who uses or refers to rule #4 must start their post with, "Rule #4 is an excellent rule."
  • Cavacava
    'Rule 4' and any other such rules that contradicts previous rules..Rule 2...are invalid, Rule 4

19100074.jpg

Rule 5, choose a side
  • Michael
    Rule #6: Banno will learn to post discussions in the correct category, else I'll delete them rather than just move them.
  • Cavacava
    That can be a rule about the thread, but it can't be a rule in the game :B
  • Benkei
    Rule #7, rule #8 shall be typed with your pinkie, on a phone, with autocorrect disabled and no use of backspace.
  • Michael
    Rule #8: Cavacava will not question my authoritah.
  • Hanover
    My rule is sexually abhorrent. Let me know if you're interested in hearing it.
  • T Clark
    Rule #2. Whereof one cannot speak things must be shown.

Pictures, please.
    Posty McPostface

Interpretation request - PMP - does this mean that we shouldn't be using words at all and that all rules should be expressed visually?
  • Janus
    Rule 10: (Had been Rule 9 but Banno beat me to the post) The author of this thread shall reveal the "curious implications" prior to any player stating any further rules. He shall also reveal all the consequences of any of the rules already established being broken. (If rules are broken along the way does this entail that the game first annihilates and then reincarnates itself over and over?)
  • T Clark
    Rule 9: The author of this thread shall reveal the "curious implications" prior to any player stating any further rules. He shall also reveal all the consequences of any of the rules already established being broken. (If rules are broken along the way does this entail that the game first annihilates and then reincarnates itself over and over?)Janus

I got rule 9 in first. this is rule 10.
  • Janus

Banno got rule 9 in first. A previously unwritten and still unnumbered rule says that if you want to state any rule (other than this one: there can be only one unwritten, unnumbered rule...oh, wait, that's another one...damn!) and especially if you want to claim its status as a numbered rule, then you must state that it is so at the time of stating the rule itself.
  • Noble Dust

Rule 1 and rule 10 are at odds; now I’m paralyzed by uncertainty. Do I post a rule or no?
  • Janus

No one can stop you, but if you do a rule will be broken which may lead to chaos... (perhaps the "curious implications" have already been implicitly revealed (is there such a thing as implicit revelation???)) >:)
  • Noble Dust

Rule #11: Not all rules apply at the same time.
  • Janus

That's very liberating!
  • ssu
    Rule #12: Rule #12 is abiding and cannot be overruled, changed or amended by any later given rule or by referring to any earlier rules.

Supreme+law+of+the+land!.jpg
    (Noble Dust was quick...)
  • Janus

And yet...Rule 12: this rule supersedes Rule 11 ( or is it Rule 13 supersedes Rule 12 :s )
  • Noble Dust

That rule is meaningless.
  • T Clark
    Banno got rule 9 in first. A previously unwritten and still unnumbered rule says that if you want to state any rule (other than this one: there can be only one unwritten, unnumbered rule...oh, wait, that's another one...damn!) and especially if you want to claim its status as a numbered rule, then you must state that it is so at the time of stating the rule itself.Janus

What you say is clearly not true, which is fine. It just goes to show that the first rules that get promulgated should be procedural rules. If people don't even try to follow the rules that came before, it's not a game at all. It could have been fun and interesting.
  • Hanover
    alas6dqevkesfjue.jpg
    Fred is the supreme leader.
  • Janus
    What you say is clearly not true, which is fine.T Clark

Do you mean it's not true that Banno got rule 9 in first?

Or do you mean that it's not true what I said about the unwritten rule that you must state that what you say is a rule and is rule number n in order for it to count as such?
  • Janus

Yeah, but he leads us only into the oblivion of bathroom or laundry politics, and does so without even knowing what they are or that he is doing it. Truly a case of the blind leading the blind.
  • T Clark
    Do you mean it's not true that Banno got rule 9 in first?Janus

I think I see the issue. I submitted Rule 9 and included Banno's avatar in it. I was trying to follow my interpretation of Rule 2 - which, I think, says that rules should be expressed visually not in words. I asked if that was a correct interpretation, but no one responded.

Rule 9 says that Banno gets to decide any conflicts in the game.
  • Shawn

Rule for Hanover. Wash Fred and get him a nice trim.
  • Hanover
    I had such high hopes for Fred as Supreme Leader, but he just drank the toilet water and started chewing on the wall, so I'm not sure he's the intellectual I thought he was.
  • ssu
    That rule is meaningless.Noble Dust
    You noticed?

And not so meaningless that we got rule 13 from Janus.

...which is also meaningless.

But what wouldn't be meaningless yet true in this World.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.