• wilal47744
    If we look what we are, what universe is, "objects" around us it's complex combination of energy, frequency and vibration we obviously do not see "pure" energy the atoms, molecules and a lot of it is hidden from our eyes. Could one say we were manipulated into this reality? if you take computer for example we are manipulating/controlling electricity for certain outcome, are we all same? personally I feel like word manipulation or control is wrong choice of words
  • Echarmion
    Could one say we were manipulated into this reality?wilal47744

Why would we say that?
  • najomip369atmaksap

Look at your life, how much of your daily actions are your actions? since you were a kid you were programmed by people around you and environment, even before you were born someone/something stated what human eye can see and what human brain can do, when did you make a choice upon choosing which things your brain will be able to do before your birth? I don't like word "manipulation" because it sounds ungrateful, but very few actions in your life if any are made by you.

I am looking for insight from others and how they would define it because this form of control does exist and it always existed, we control computer to do certain things, kids are controlled to do certain things that may leave trauma and affect their adult life. Let's go further back who has set the idea that will be trauma for human mind?
  • Gus Lamarch
    Could one say we were manipulated into this reality?wilal47744

When you say that we have been "manipulated" into this reality, you already claim that some higher force may exist. In this case, this "manipulation" or "control" has been discussed for more than 5,000 years and is called "God".
  • najomip369atmaksap

Sure, but our mind it self has an idea of freedom and deathless world which never existed and we are all looking for some form of freedom or purpose
  • Gus Lamarch
    Sure, but our mind it self has an idea of freedom and deathless world which never existed and we are all looking for some form of freedom or purposenajomip369atmaksap

Could you repeat it in punctuated formal English, please?
  • Echarmion
    Let's go further back who has set the idea that will be trauma for human mind?najomip369atmaksap

Is there a who? It seems unfounded to assume there is a personal intelligence behind the properties of the human mind. It's possible that there is, but it's not necessary, and there is no evidence for one.
  • Echarmion
    Let's go further back who has set the idea that will be trauma for human mind?najomip369atmaksap

Is there a who? It seems unfounded to assume there is a personal intelligence behind the properties of the human mind. It's possible that there is, but it's not necessary, and there is no evidence for one.
  • Garth
    This post is a personification of my theory Against Excellence.

If we look what we are, what universe is, "objects" around uswilal47744

If I see a chair, I am happy to call it a chair and not a "chair". As a chair, it is also an object, not merely an "object". Likewise, the scientific theories which tell you all about objects like frequency, vibration, energy ("pure" or not), atoms, molecules, stuff that is hidden from our eyes, our eyes themselves, we, the universe, are not "scientific theories" but scientific theories and moreover objects.

I am looking at a chair right now. If you think reality is based on observation, well, there is nothing more certain than this chair here. It is black, with 5 wheels, and a cushion. I also observe its comfortableness. I know it exists, and nothing -- God or my lack of free will, or anything else -- is forcing me to see a chair. It is an object because all chairs are objects. Therefore I am observing an object and know with absolute certainty that there are objects in the universe.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.