• Phronesis
    I just joined the forum. Could a moderator please get in touch with me regarding changing my screen name? Thanks.
  • Ryan O'Connor
    Hi Moderators, when others try to mention me with @ my name doesn't come up. I suspect that it's due to the apostrophe in my name. Can I change my name?
  • Streetlight
    @Ryan O'Connor Test

Did you get that?
  • aletheist

The issue is that if I click on the @ button while composing a post and type only a portion of his name, he does not show up in the list of options. Even just "Ry" brings up seven choices, but not Ryan O'Connor.
  • Streetlight
    You get options?? I have to type names out whole cloth. I get options in PMs, but not posts on threads like these.
  • Pfhorrest
    I get autocomplete options when I type names in the @ modal, and I can confirm this guy’s name doesn’t pop up no matter how much of it I type. I can get even get so far as one letter short, and other “Connor” names show up alongside some “Ryan” names, but no “Ryan O’Connor”.

Very likely the apostrophe plus the Javascript that handles the autocomplete not properly escaping usernames.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.