• Homer the Stoic
    hey there guys, just joined the forum, really interested in pursuing philosophy, specifcally applied philosophy and ethics and just looking for some great people to meet, basically feell like life without plato is boring, can anyone relate?
  • Jack Cummins

I am glad that you have found the forum. I have read some but not all of Plato. Apart from being boring, life would be entirely different without Plato. If he hadn't existed the whole of philosophy would have been different. Of course, if he hadn't existed as a human being another person would have probably come to his ideas eventually. Of course, Plato was very fortunate to have Socrates to learn from. I would love to find a new Socrates in my travels.

Anyway, I hope you find some exciting adventures and encounters on this site.
  • Homer the Stoic
    i am kinda lost as to where a modern plato would be in life, would he be more like socrates and have faith? would he be like science? where would he exist? would he even be able to exist ?
  • 180 Proof
    Welcome to TPF.

Describe what being a "modern plato" (metaphysically) consists in, or (more specifically – ontologically, axiologically and/or epistemologically) commits one to, in a few(?) sentences. :smirk:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.