• Pop
    But technological/natural evolution won't reach infinity.Eugen

" Hard to see, the future is" - Yoda
  • Eugen
    Your location will remain a mystery hehe
  • Gnomon
    No disrespect was intended. What was intended was for you to consider the possibility of an infinite consciousness, and whether this violates any conceptions of God.Pop
    I don't think of G*D as an emotional humanoid person. So, I doubt that he-she-it would be offended by any slight or major disrespect. But I also don't think of G*D in terms of human-like Consciousness. Instead, my thesis is that Information (the ability to enform, both mental & physical) is the essence of our world, and of G*D. The power to Enform includes, but is not limited to, Consciousness : the power to know. In my thesis, G*D -- being ALL -- is not only the Sculptor (the Enformer), but the Clay or Marble (Substance) of universe, as in Spinoza's god-model. Just as Einstein's Energy is also Mass, G*D is both MInd & Mattter. Of course, this is just a philosophical hypothesis, not a religious faith. :cool:

Universal Substance : https://iep.utm.edu/spinoz-m/
    Note : Spinoza lived in the 1600s. So he was unaware of Evolution, of Big Bang theory, and of Information theory. So, my hypothesis includes all of the above, in addition to the notion of god as embodied in the world as the creative power of EnFormAction.

EnFormAction :
    Ententional Causation. A proposed metaphysical law of the universe that causes random interactions between forces and particles to produce novel & stable arrangements of matter & energy. It’s the creative force of the axiomatic eternal deity that, for unknown reasons, programmed a Singularity to suddenly burst into our reality from an infinite source of possibility. AKA : The creative power of Evolution; the power to Enform; Logos; Change.
    http://blog-glossary.enformationism.info/page8.html
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.