• Sergey
    I have heard of Heidegger's connection to the German Conservative Revolution of 1920. Are any of the ideas outlined in his main work related to conservatism?

• David Mo
    Are you referring to German conservatism before Nazism or the current conservative revolution?

In any case, although some concepts such as destiny, anti-scientism or authenticity may be related to Nazi, pre-Nazi and post-Nazi conservatism, Being and Time eludes these political questions raised in other later writings, such as the Rectoral speech.

Although the 1914 Black Notebooks already include some anti-Semitic paragraphs, it would be very difficult to see them reflected in Being and Time.
  • SergeyAccepted Answer
    I was referring to the Conservative Revolution in the 1920s. However, Heidegger in his work writes of the forgetting of Being in Western philosophy, while returning to the origins in Being and Time. Can this return to the origins be considered as an example of conservative thinking?
  • clem
    Maybe Ivan Ilyin can venture an opinion.
    NYRB headlines Ilyin as "Putin's Philosopher." An academic type, perhaps at least a bit into the German Idealism/Romantic schtick......as embraced at the edges by Nazi Heidegger -- et al.
  • clem
    Forget that... I meant somebody else whose name I don't remember ....a current, right-wing Russian "continental" (--ish?)? philosopher.
  • Heiko
    Although the 1914 Black Notebooks already include some anti-Semitic paragraphs, it would be very difficult to see them reflected in Being and Time.David Mo

May be, may be not. E.g. Kant pointed out that synthetic judgements are an ability, not a necessity.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.