• Yozhura
    Pyramids

What if pyramids were built trying to reach the stars. I just watched video about game of life, and at one part, a pyramidal structure was constructed. Maybe the highest point of pyramids was to measure how advanced their technology was. Having a bigger pyramid showed your technological superiority to others, just like weapons do for us now.

Money

Humans are porkers. We are grown for the sole reason of money. Money makes evolution faster, that is why everything is based around money. Those who have the most wealth, those are the ones who will matter the most in the history of human kind. We are creating past, because we don't know when the future ends.

Circuit board

Earth is a circuit board, which you're a component of. You are, but an algorithm, programmed to do your task. What is the purpose of you, which has been predetermined from the beginning? If we think of ourselves as a single entity, instead of individuals, what is your role on the circuit board?

Clock of life
    Edit: Reworded this one

Think of yourself as a clock. Your body is the battery which provides a limited amount of time for your mind. Once your battery runs out, the time on your mind starts ticking, meaning the end of life once it stops ticking. Your actions have an effect on your battery, either positive or negative.

By benefiting humanity, you increase the chances of getting a new battery. New battery gives you a certain amount of time for your clock, before the new battery runs out again. You always need someone else to change your battery, because without a body, your mind can’t do physical tasks. Do you benefit humanity enough, that you'll be able to obtain a new battery, before your clock runs out of time.
  • MSC
    Those who have the most wealth, those are the ones who will matter the most in the history of human kind.Yozhura

Interesting theory. I disagree with it. You only have to take a look at history to see that those who allegedly matter the most are individuals who contribute more than just selfishly amassing wealth. I'd also point out that some of the wealthy who ended up mattering, were the ones who did their best to try and rid themselves of that wealth through charitable works.

I think the wealthy would like to think they matter more, but they don't. Even the rich people who matter to history, usually ended up being held in such high regard because of things unrelated to their wealth.

Hume came from a rich Scottish family. But it wasn't his wealth that made him important to future generations, it was his ideas that did that. Are wealthy people more likely to be remembered? Probably. Does them being remembered more suggest they mattered more than others? Nope.
  • Kenosha Kid
    Humans are porkers. We are grown for the sole reason of money. Money makes evolution faster, that is why everything is based around money. Those who have the most wealth, those are the ones who will matter the most in the history of human kind. We are creating past, because we don't know when the future ends.Yozhura

Have you read much on memetics? The idea that replicable information drives the evolution of human culture has been around for a few decades now.
  • TheMadFool
    PyramidsYozhura

That bigger is better is an old, now obsolete, mindset. It seems it's far more difficult problem to miniaturize. With modern technology we can easily construct pyramids of even greater dimensions than are found in Egypt and that too in half the time.

MoneyYozhura

Money is important but only as a means. If someone promised you a trillion dollars on the condition that you can't use it, would you take it?

Circuit boardYozhura

Possibly but we seem to be part of the problem - like a virus - and not part of the solution unless there's a twist in the plot at the end. That would be interesting in a villain is actually the hero sort of way.

Clock of lifeYozhura

1. Happiness + Immortality
    2. Happiness + Mortal
    3. Sorrow + Mortal
    4. Sorrow + Immortal

The list above arranged in order of preference.
  • Yozhura
    Have you read much on memetics? The idea that replicable information drives the evolution of human culture has been around for a few decades now.Kenosha Kid

No i have not. Thank you for sharing, will definitely check it out.
  • Yozhura
    That bigger is better is an old, now obsolete, mindset.TheMadFool

Exactly, now we are making everything as small as possible. Back then humans tried to create structures as big as possible.

If someone promised you a trillion dollars on the condition that you can't use it, would you take it?TheMadFool

Yes I would. I would then choose a worthy human to give it to. Unless giving it away means using it.
  • Yozhura
    You only have to take a look at history to see that those who allegedly matter the most are individuals who contribute more than just selfishly amassing wealthMSC

That is true. It doesn't matter if you're wealthy, if you're not using that wealth to benefit humanity. Only by benefiting Humanity, can you make a name for yourself in the history of Humanity.
  • Yozhura

Sorry for the late reply, had some life that had to be done :D
  • TheMadFool
    Sorry for the late reply, had some life that had to be done :DYozhura

I need to get a life :sad:
  • TheMadFool
    Exactly, now we are making everything as small as possible. Back then humans tried to create structures as big as possible.Yozhura

Less is more philosophy? big is SMALL? Nanotechnology seems to be all the rage or so I'm led to believe.

Yes I would. I would then choose a worthy human to give it to. Unless giving it away means using it.Yozhura

You mean giving it is a use in itself? Then I could give you empty box and you could give it to someone else, that person could do the same ad infinitum. What's the difference between my empty box and the trillion dollars I was talking about? There is a difference between money, a trillion dollars at that, and an empty box, right? :chin:
  • Yozhura
    Nanotechnology seems to be all the rage or so I'm led to believe.TheMadFool

Nanotechnology is the future for sure. It is quite interesting to see how small we can actually go.

I need to get a life :sad:TheMadFool

You have a life, we all do. Not doing anything is just as good as doing something.

What's the difference between my empty box and the trillion dollars I was talking about?TheMadFool

Your empty box has more value, if money becomes worthless. At least a box has value, because it is an object. Money is just numbers based on binary. Money only has value, as long as its binary stays 1 instead of 0.
  • TheMadFool
    Money only has value, as long as its binary stays 1 instead of 0.Yozhura

:chin: ??!! Explain...
  • Yozhura

Money used to have value in gold. Nowadays that is not the case. Global economy is based on the sole reason that we give value to money. Binary 1 means money has value, binary 0 means it has no value. We are just printing money these days.
  • TheMadFool
    Money used to have value in gold. Nowadays that is not the case. Global economy is based on the sole reason that we give value to money. Binary 1 means money has value, binary 0 means it has no value. We are just printing money these days.Yozhura

:ok: Thanks
  • Gus Lamarch
    PyramidsYozhura

The shape of the Egyptian pyramids is thought to represent the primordial mound from which the Egyptians believed the earth was created. The shape of a pyramid is also thought to be representative of the descending rays of the sun, and most pyramids were faced with polished, highly reflective white limestone, in order to give them a brilliant appearance when viewed from a distance. Pyramids were often also named in ways that referred to solar luminescence. For example, the formal name of the Bent Pyramid at Dahshur was "The Southern Shining Pyramid", and that of Senusret II at El Lahun was "Senusret Shines".

While it is generally agreed that pyramids were burial monuments, there is continued disagreement on the particular theological principles that might have given rise to them.

The Egyptians believed the dark area of the night sky around which the stars appear to revolve was the physical gateway into the heavens. One of the narrow shafts that extend from the main burial chamber through the entire body of the Great Pyramid points directly towards the center of this part of the sky. This suggests the pyramid may have been designed to serve as a means to magically launch the deceased pharaoh's soul directly into the abode of the gods.

All Egyptian pyramids were built on the west bank of the Nile, which, as the site of the setting sun, was associated with the realm of the dead in Egyptian mythology.

It's clear that the pyramids were of great symbolic value to the ancient Egyptian culture, as it was the vehicle by which the monarch of the entire universe - the Pharaoh - would ascend to the heavens and become a God. The aim of the pyramids was not to reach the heavens in a physical sense, but to transport the Pharaoh's spirit to the heavens.

Just a curiosity:

Reconstruction of how we believe the pyramids looked like during ancient Egypt:

original-giza-pyramid-crop.jpg

Gorgeous!
  • Yozhura
    Reconstruction of how we believe the pyramids looked like during ancient Egypt:Gus Lamarch

It truly is gorgeous. Wish we could see the pyramids in the age of their glory. Would be a magnificent sight for sure.

the Pharaoh - would ascend to the heavens and become a God.Gus Lamarch

This is something i've been wondering about as well. It must have been rough labor work to create such a magnificent structure, just to bury a dead body. Were they made by slaves, or did the nation come together to build them. Hopefully we'll know more about the pyramids in the Future.
  • Gus Lamarch
    Were they made by slaves, or did the nation come together to build them.Yozhura

We tend to underestimate the people of the past, but you have to take into account that Ancient Egypt was, for most of its existence, the most advanced and sophisticated civilization in the ancient world. They had architects, scribes, tutors, soldiers, carpenters, masons, etc..., with an highly urbanized society around the Nile and established borders.

The construction of the pyramids was probably made by a joint effort between slave and employed labor, together with the theoretical effort of the architects responsible for their constructions. Another thing that must be taken into account is that not completing a God-on-Earth - the pharaoh - given mission was considered capital sin and punishable with death, so they also had that little bit of extra motivation to give their best.
  • Yozhura
    given mission was considered capital sin and punishableGus Lamarch

I think it was also a honor, to create something like the great pyramids. No matter if it was made by slaves or employed labor. These are great examples of how great Humanity actually is. Once we unite into doing something, it is a glory to witness.

We tend to underestimate the people of the pastGus Lamarch

I've seen many documentaries, which defy all logic. Ancient civilization had very basic computers and a lot of high end technology for their times. I wonder where all that knowledge got lost over time. Maybe something happened in the past, which is not recorded in our history books.
  • Gus Lamarch
    These are great examples of how great Humanity actually is. Once we unite into doing something, it is a glory to witness.Yozhura

In a way, it was just a group of humanity that came together to build them - the Egyptians -. However, really, when humanity comes together - by the individual will of each being - it is an engine impossible of being stopped.

Ancient civilization had very basic computers and a lot of high end technology for their times. I wonder where all that knowledge got lost over time. Maybe something happened in the past, which is not recorded in our history books.Yozhura

I call it the "civilizatory cycle". Civilization is born, grows, develops, thrives, reaches its apex, stagnates, decays, and ultimately collapses. We have had three cycles of this in written history. The Bronze Age Collapse - 1300 BC to 1150 BC -, the Collapse of the Roman Empire - 285 AD to 476 AD - and the Collapse of Modern Society - 1914 AD to the present - it still has to reach its lowest point - -.

We are just childs playing with toys. Eventually we get tired of them.
  • Jack Cummins

Pppplike the comment that we are just children playing with toys. . V
  • Gus Lamarch
    Pppplike the comment that we are just children playing with toys.Jack Cummins

I corrected the last phrase. Thank You.
  • Jack Cummins
    I like the comment about us but what I was playing with our toys but I knocked my phone while I was writing. I play daily with my books and music and see this as important in understanding reality.

I wonder if we could ascend to the wisdom of ancient civilisations. I am certainly no expert but perhaps the ancient Egyptians were in touch with states of consciousness beyond most living today.

My thinking may be a bit off beat as I am a big fan of Carl Jung and the esoteric, including the idea of astral travel but I think that the ancient Egyptians were in touch with dimensions of existence way beyond the material world, especially the philosophy of the current world of philosophy.

I may go overboard at times in my search but I do believe that the Egyptians were in touch with levels of reality unknown to most people in the present world. I wish to tap into these dimensions.

I realise that philosophy is about theory rather than experience but do think that the experiences are a key issue and do believe that the states of consciousness of ancient people were different.

This is mere conjecture and in way of theoretical underpinning the most academic text I can refer to is Julian Jaynes The Origins of the Bicameral Mind. Of course it is open to criticism in itself.
  • Jack Cummins

I was certainly not trying to connect you in a pedantic way. I struggle with writing on my mobile phone.

Anything I write, is to be taken in the spirit of enquiry. I am a bit quirky in my philosophical endeavors but I do believe that the discoveries about Egyptian civilisation could pave forward in the quest to understand questions about humanity and consequently questions about humanity.

I am an amateur in the field of philosophy, playing around in fields from psychotherapy and other social sciences, but I do believe that this is all important because in the past,philosophers have remained in their own elite towers, blinded by their own ego related concerns.

We all need to be aware of all our motives, even the most darkest, in order to awaken to the human quest in its grimmest and shadowy puzzles in order to understand the quagmire of past civilisation and the highest points of culture. We need to understand the highest and lowest aspects of human potential to be realistic participants of the future we are creating, theory or reality.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.