• MSC
    I know. I was just trying to pre-empt anyone who may have jumped onto our conversation and let me have it if I hadn't tried to imagine the argument without moral truth. Which by my argument is linguistically impossible to be true based on everything we can reasonably be certain is true of language.

What would convince you that we have found a moral truth? How certain is it possible for you to be that we have found a moral truth?
  • god must be atheist
    What would convince you that we have found a moral truth?MSC

The classic case of "I don't know anything about xxxx, but I sure know one when I see one."
  • MSC
    The classic case of "I don't know anything about xxxx, but I sure know one when I see one."god must be atheist
    Not sure of your meaning here
  • MSC
    do you feel I have answered your question?
  • god must be atheist
    do you feel I have answered your question?MSC

It's not a matter of feeling. I don't know if you answered my question.
  • god must be atheist
    xxxx is a variable predicate.

What are you trying to achieve by asking me to keep on explaining myself?
  • MSC
    It's not a matter of feeling. I don't know if you answered my question.god must be atheist

Everything we can perceive or comprehend is a matter of feeling. But I understand what you mean. I don't know if I answered your question either.

What are you trying to achieve by asking me to keep on explaining myself?god must be atheist

My goals;
    Not to be bored, have a good conversation.
    Learn more about you, which will help me learn how to better communicate with you.
    The reason I ask about your feelings as well as your thoughts, both are data types, relevant data types. I can only conceive of your external environment, I cannot do the same for your internal one. Not without a neurology lab. Ultimately I am enquiring into you as a phenomenon, not just as a person.
  • god must be atheist
    I'm sorry for being reticent, MSC. I can get easily bored. It is not your fault, but somehow -- and please don't let this bother you -- your questions were not entertaining for me to answer them. Call me callous, call me selfish, but I aim also for one of the things as you: not to be bored. It would take me effort, emotional cost, to answer your questions. I am awfully sorry to say all this, because I do value intent. But right now I am too uninterested in answering those questions. Please don't take this personally, and I hope very much you will approach me in the future again.
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.