• TiredThinker
    Is there a good way to measure a person's political orientation? I took the test at politicalcompass.org and it set me left of center, and Trump, Bush, and Obama off to the right. Assuming this isn't a good measure, would all such tests be biased by the makers? Or can a good test exist to accurately depict a person's views?
  • Pfhorrest
    Wikipedia has a whole article on different varieties of them and the academic research (or lack thereof) backing them up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_spectrum

Another well-known one besides that political compass you linked is the Nolan Chart, which also has a quiz that will place you on it, but I won't link to it here because I think it's a poorly constructed and biased spectrum. Google "World's Smallest Political Quiz" if you really want to try it.

I have a political spectrum of my own, inspired in part by both of the aforementioned, but with adjustments:

political-spectrum.png
  • _db
    Really interesting diagram.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.