• Nils Loc
    My boss asked me to address a gutter issue on the second story of a building I help maintain. I'm basically a grounds keeper of sort, a janitor, gardener, light maintenance, with a contract.

He advised that I purchase a ladder that can reach the height. I've yet to measure the height but I'm guessing I'll need to buy the max length of ladder (40ft). I advised we get a contractor (gutter cleaners) to do the job but he for some reason told that I must do it. I even offered to pay for it since if it's something I ought to be able to do because I must do, I should pay for it. I don't feel safe doing it because it's not something I've done. I also fell off a ladder once down a set of stairs in which I could've killed myself.

So I'm guessing I'll still pursue a contractor even though my boss said that is something he doesn't want in order to fix the problem.
  • praxis
    Genius Asian to the rescue.

• Nils Loc

:strong: :cool:

We'll see what I can whip up.
  • praxis

So, did you Macgyver it, subcontract, or whip up some other means of solution to the dilemma?
  • Nils Loc

The basic problem was that there was a water tapping noise within one of the gutters. So there maybe some debris inside the vertical gutter I can't access without dissembling.

I put my cell phone on a poll and took video of the gutters which looked pristine. I ran some water down but couldn't fix the tapping noise.

I ended up applying force to the metal where the water hits the metal to muffle the sound by means of a zip tie and some rubber. A temporary fix for an annoying noise (chinese water torture).

I will try running the hose on a pole when I get a second man to help me.

So temporarily fixed. Ideally I'd just get gutter cleaners. The roof is way to high. My boss is secretly trying to kill me. :sweat:
  • Changeling
    My boss is secretly trying to kill me.Nils Loc

A story as old as time itself.
  • praxis
    My boss is secretly trying to kill me.Nils Loc

Two can play that game. :naughty:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.