• mortenwittgenstein
    Let's start Quiz 8 about echo-chambers and losers in this way:

1. Boring language

"You got to have something you believe in or you're not human. Something you fight for, even if it is dangerous. Something beyond your own interests. Otherwise you're a loser."

I'm afraid that is hackneyed and trite language. Certainly not because it's false. It presents us with a clear and loving gaze upon the world and the meaning of life and it's true. It's not messy language and it's not cliché. Let's make things a bit more surreal.

2. Wimpish, bizarre language

"The world is full of right-wing echo-chambers which makes us different from what we are when we speak and act. Echo-chambers that are full of hatred and people being full of themselves. Losers are people who are full of themselves and hatred at the same time. In fact being full of yourself automatically makes you full of hatred."

The wimpish-bizarre dude is definitely strange in his assumption that being full of yourself automatically makes you full of hatred. Consider two people who are getting married, Anna and John. I'm sure both Anna and John wants to feel that the other person has chosen him/her. Good luck Anna and John!

Let's make things even more surreal by translating the statement into full of himself-language.

3. Full of himself-language

"I know of several people who put ideas over humans and like to hear themselves talk. Those are the real losers. The concept of free will is messy language. People don't make decisions. People love. People float. The world is hit by a mass-psychosis which finds it's clearest expression in the tone of phenomena like reddit.com and our current inability to identify this tone. Instead we see echo-chambers as a plethora of tones. The medium is the message. The media is the tone. Unfortunately nothing is it's tone."

What's all this tone-talk? The world is too complex for the concept of tones to be an important one. On the other hand there is an immoral tendency to see all modern phenomena as tones, including ourselves, others, movies and Internet forums. Echo-chambers presents us with a huge political challenge. Do we not warn our children when a gigantic wave is coming in?

Anyway, let's translate all this into real surrealism. In real surrealism we're free to use poetic language and prophesize.

4. Surrealist language

"Reddit. Nameless wave. I name thee read.com because I read you. I read you like so many other people read you. I also warn against you and I will prophesize: Reddit will be internationally banned and shut down by the year 2030. Not before. It will not be so because of its tone but because of the philosophical development among the masses regarding our ability to identify our own tendency to identify phenomena as tones. Certainly not because of the bad statistics surrounding its use among millions of humans. Certainly not because of self-improvement and self-help books or a new enlightenment as we saw with the new-wave ideas of Generation X. Losers are those who use echo-chambers in an undisciplined way."

Conclusion

I give this quiz of mine five stars out of ten: It's filled with heard-before language. (-1 star) It presents a lot of truisms. (-1 star) All four speakers appear as indistinguishable hotheads. (-1 star) I'm unable to handle the concept of tone. (-1 star) The quiz handles too many subjects: tone, loser, Internet etc... (-1 star)

5/10 stars is mediocre.

I won't publish it in the app before it is improved and has a minimum of 7 stars and a maximum of 9 stars. 10 stars is too much!

So. Will you please help me improving it?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.