• Nils Loc
    This is just a dumb spin-off of Schopenhauer1's thread: We cannot have been a being other than who we are now.

I want to go on the record and say most definitely that I'm not Donald Trump and I could never be Donald Trump.

Even if Donald Trump never existed and life was still predominately singled celled and water bound, and there were no sentient obsessively self-aware beings who could play a game called "golf", I could never be Donald Trump. For the fact is, now, by any battery of tests, I am not Donald Trump. Since I am who I am now, even prior to me being who I am now, I could've never been other than who I became to be.

Even if my name were Donald Trump it would be just a coincidence. But because my name is not Donald Trump, it never could of been because it isn't.

None of us could've been other than who we are. Remember this. You are not me and never could've been.

So it is with great jubilant sadness that I say, both you and I and you and you and you, much alike and unlike, are always inevitably ourselves. But at least neither of us, and neither you or you or you or you nor I, are Donald Trump.

I'm neither nor could have been Jude Law in the following clip:

• Sir2u
    I am going to take a while to think this one through. :chin:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.