• Nils Loc
    Seems one of my posts just disappeared and have no understanding why. Might have accidentally deleted it somehow on my own. There is no trace of it whatsoever in saved drafts. Also there is no indication that it has been deleted (besides that fact that it is gone).

Do mods explain reason for post deletion, or contact user that his/her post has been deleted?
  • S
    Hi Nils Loc,

We don't always keep a record of the reasons why a post has been deleted. But you are welcome to contact the site staff to request that information, and if we can, we will provide it. You will also not usually receive any notification that moderator action has been taken. The reason being that due to the way the forum has been designed (by PlushForums), it is not possible to do either of these things automatically in any way, so, after discussion, we decided against doing either of these things manually, with the exception that we sometimes leave a note of action taken in the moderator forum.

Sorry, but I don't know why your post was deleted, or who deleted it, or for what reason. And given that it has been three days since you created this discussion, and no other member of the site staff has replied (publicly, at least), it might be the case that we just don't know or remember at this point.
  • Baden

Sorry Nils, I didn't notice this discussion before (a PM to a mod is probably a more reliable way to get a quick reply). Anyway, we have a change log that records all edits and deletions and allows us to restore any accidentally deleted posts. I've looked through it for the week prior to your post here and I can't find any record of an edit or deletion done by you or by a mod to one of your posts. Can you be more specific about the date and I might be able to locate it?
  • Hanover
    Nils,

I'd suggest you rewrite the post, save it, and then delete it. That way you'll have your own record of your deleted posts.

Hope this was helpful. Not sure why I'm not a moderator.
  • Nils Loc
    Thanks for reply and concern.

The post in question is no longer important to me and will send a PM next time. It may be that I was looking at post preview and failed to submit it but doesn't explain missing draft.

I think I'm having internet connection issues (on and off).

No Hanover, it wasn't helpful. Go do something useful.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.