• thewonder
    I had once, in order to avoid a certain absurdity within the Left wherein being an effective Communist just seems to be reading for more or less your entire life, told a joke to the National Security Agency, believing that they would pass it on the Central Intelligence Agency, whom I suspect to be monitoring me. It was that "writing is a form of personal totalitarianism". I did mean that in jest, but do kind of wonder if there is any veracity to that theory. When you think about it, a person may only write so as to parcel out whatever it is that others find to be disagreeable about their person or to cast a certain aura upon the events in their life, which, as a process, can be a good way to cultivate memory, but also does hazard creating a cult of personality out of oneself. Because society itself has never been terribly agreeable, in the former case, it does seem like a lot of people who have good reason to write, but I do wonder as to whether or not a lot of texts haven't been published out of an odd kind of historical vanity. I'm not saying that that statement is true; I'm just saying that there could be grains of truth to it.
  • Sir2u
    the Central Intelligence Agency, whom I suspect to be monitoring me.thewonder

This is interesting, very interesting. May one inquire why you think this?
  • thewonder

Eh, it's part paranoia, part because I came to suspect that they had wanted me for something, and part because of that, because of the aforementioned parts, I had decided to engage them in an information war of sorts, after having ended up in a set of run ins with any number of nefarious parties. I even think that I met an actual spook on the train one time. There's also that I was sort of but not really engaged, but for good reason, in a number of activities, the legal status of which can be called into question, but, none of which were explicitly so or actually of any damage to society. I have also stated that I believe that their organization should be dissolved. I had actually kind of wanted to start a movement, the sole purpose of which, was to just that, but came to the realization that they create so many problems for me from the outset that it'd never get off of the ground.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.